"Welcome to LibreELEC" Box is blank on RPi2 and can't dismiss it

• I found two old Raspberry Pi 2's in a box in my attic, decided to take them out, blow the dust off them and use them for something.

I started with Noobs on an 8GB card on one of them and installed LibreElec.

I added a few addons and then there was an LE update box, with no text (other than update) - I can't remember exactly what it said.

I rebooted about 5 minutes later and went out to do something. When I came back, LE is running, and there is a splash/box saying "Welcome to LibreELEC" - But I can't dismiss it.

Is there anyway to remove it?

This is probably something really basic, but I haven't tinkered with it in a while and I may be forgetting a lot. I have tried anything I can think of.

the keyboard seems to be working and commands etc. But nothing that dismisses that box.

• Just curious, which addons did you add?

No addon I know of will create splash boxes.

The splash is a LibreELEC screen/box window. I don't believe it has anything to do with the addons.

I will try an few more kodi keyboard shortcuts when I get home, failing that I will just wipe it and start again.

Edited once, last by Rumblefish (December 15, 2019 at 5:23 PM).

• Okay, still happening with no addons and a fresh install. Wiped and installed Noobs, followed by LibreELEC.

So it definitely hasn't anything to do with any addons.

It only happens if I leave it, then it seems an update comes in and the popup/splash/box window (not sure exactly what to call it) without any other text other than 'welcome to libreELEC'.

Can't dismiss it.