how to get RTL8812AU working with Libreelec

• We have no plans to add support for any more Realtek chips that require badly written vendor drivers that break with every kernel update. Once their chips become supported in the upstream kernel (and thus becomes simple to maintain) we'll be happy to configure them in out kernels.

Not the answer you're looking for I know .. but that's the answer.

• The *ideal* solution is a Wifi bridge that converts Wifi to ethernet. The "bridge" can be moved around to get the best reception and the ethernet cable, plugged into your LE device, can be hidden as required, Also NO drivers are required and is future proof.

• Thank you very much Iridium!

My RPi3 is quite far from my main router, I connected to it with a WiFi USB Key, but results were not optimal because I live in a house with a very crowded WiFi environment. I tried 3 or 4 different WiFi Keys without any improvement. Following your suggestion, I bought a €13.99 N300 router with three 5dB antennas, I cable-connected it to the RPi, and this solved my problem beautifully (and at a lesser price than any of my former premium WiFi Keys.) I write this post not only to thank you, but also to encourage old and new users who have WiFi problems to try this solution. Ciao!