Media directories on internal hard disk

• I installed (x86) on a pc with a 1TB harddisk. I want my media files to store om different directories of this disk, like music, movies, home video's, and so on. This directories are to be filled from an external harddisk, occasional connected to the pc.

Hoe do I do this?

• Sorry: I'm not too sure what you are asking.

Do you want to know how to create the directories within Kodi or via the command line?

Maybe you could expand you question.

• There are default folders for videos under storage. for tv shows videos pictures, or you can create your own.

I think, you connect the usb with media, then browse & copy to the relevant folders,

I think you can see the files via windows explorer, if not I use coreftp lite.

• I am a complete newby in Libreelec. So I do not know how to find the default folders in Libreelec and how t make new ones. It is not as easy as in Ubuntu f.i. I tried to do it with the filemanagement app iN Libreelec, but that was not possible.

So I have to use command line options?

• Two methods to copy files:

Method 1

1. Windows Explorer browse server name and copy to folders (Samba shares), note this will be slow

Method 2

1. Plug USB HDD into Machine running Libreelec, click cog, go into file manager.
    2. Browse your destination folder on right side of screen - videos, music etc
    3. On left side browse Source folder / file & hold down enter
    4. Select Copy or Move and progress will be displayed in top right