Video stutter on LibreELEC 9.0.2 with 23.976 files (Intel i3-4010U)

• The video stutters when playing 23.976 fps videos on Libreelec 9.0.2. With Libreelec 9.0.0 the files play fine.

Hardware: Intel NUC D34010WYKH (with i3-4010U Processor)

Display settings: Monitor=Default, Resolution=1920x1080p, Delay after change of refresh rate=Off, Dithering=Off, Colour mgt=Off, Limited Range=Off

Video settings: Adjust display refresh rate=On start/stop, Sync playback to display=On, Enable HQ scalers above=20%, Allow hardware accel - VAAPI=On (All codecs=On)

Debug log on 9.0.0 (video plays fine):

Debug log on 9.0.2 (video stutters):

MediaInfo:

I tried with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1.502 and got the same video stutter. I can provide logs for this as well if needed.

Thanks

• Ah, that seems to have fixed it, video is smooth again. Thanks!

I'm a bit confused though. I remember the sync playback to display feature was introduced to avoid micro stutters. Is this a bug that was introduced?

Video looks butter smooth though with sync playback to display disabled.

• I remember the sync playback to display feature was introduced to avoid micro stutters. Is this a bug that was introduced?

No, it simply depends on what what you have attached: a fixated 60hz monitor or a TV that has multiple refresh rates. And perhaps your setting was somehow reset or changed.

• I play on a Sony VPL-HW65ES which supports all refresh rates. I'm 100% sure though that I always had sync playback to display enabled and never had issues. I tested multiple times on both versions.

But as said playback is smooth now with the setting disabled!