Hyperion hypercon problem no green and white lights

• I'm no Hyperion user. By just reading here, it looks like the add-on needs a fix to work with RPi 4B. Maybe some higher resolutions lead to approximation errors, resulting in wrongly triggered lights. Just my 5 cents./shrug

• No news in this area and AFAIK no one is working on it.

As the dispmanx grabber is going to be phased out (it won't work with the new KMS graphics driver which is the current development focus) it's highly unlikely to change and mid-term the Hyperion folks will need to implement a new grabber that's compatible with that - otherwise only USB HDMI grabbers will be the only working alternative.

so long,

Hias

• I don't have much 4k content here (mainly HD and lower) and in the rare cases when I play that I simply disable hyperion. For netflix I simply use the native app on my TV, that works with 4k and HDR without hassles.

I also don't own a USB HDMI grabber so can't comment on that - better check out the hyperion forum, there are lots of threads about those.

so long,

Hias

• I don't have much 4k content here (mainly HD and lower) and in the rare cases when I play that I simply disable hyperion. For netflix I simply use the native app on my TV, that works with 4k and HDR without hassles.

I also don't own a USB HDMI grabber so can't comment on that - better check out the hyperion forum, there are lots of threads about those.

so long,

Hias

No I mean is it possible to play the 4k movies in several addons without any problems?

• You ask me to be specific with several addons. Otherwise I would not write it. Even in this case, Excuse me for that.

So, it is possible to use the pi4 to play 4k movies. The only problem is with hyperion it is not going well.

But if get no signal issue, how could you stop hyperion? If there is no display of the pi. That will be dificult or not?

so long

• I have check that topic and I saw you wrote:

1080p movies series works at the pi4 with hyperion. Is this correct?

many thanks for the info how to dissable hyperion.

So long