Beelink GT1 standard 2/16 bricked, can't boot to LE from SD card, have UART log

• Have Beelink GT1 standard 2G/16G S912 and it's bricked. Tried to flash multiple roms but without success.

SD card metod works, got android logo and upgrading progress bar.

After couple of minutes when bar reaches 100% box boots and remain on splash screen forever.

Splash image changes regarding firmware I have flashed.

Then I tried with LE. Prepared SD card with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator, found that box will boot only with gxl_p212 DTB variants.

Tried all of them from device_trees folder but only what I get is splash screen of LE.

UART log ends with (full log in attachment):

LibreELEC:~ # [BL31]: tee size: 0
    [BL31]: tee size: 0

What I am doing wrong?

log2.txt

• without more info what i would suggest would be to find the original beelink firmware for that box and start by restoring it and start over...

Usually the bl31 message pertains to ATF issues which could be a couple of different things but 1st i'd restore the box to the proper firmware to get the proper file pieces back into their bootloader and once that works be a lot more careful about what you try to flash to the box...

• I got original firmware from Beelink, flashing went ok but, like always, ended with Beelink logo forever.

That's because I tried LE but also end with LE logo.

I can ssh box with UART console but on tv is just logo (splash screen) and nothing more.

Don't know what else to try.

• Sounds like beelinks original bootloader is still not fully restored...

you'd need to check and see via the shell/serial console if its still giving you bl31 grief with the CE as well... my quess is that it is...

Try going to the maintance level of the box on boot up and tell it to clear all the flash area's and then retry reflashing Beelinks proper firmware and see if it can get you back into at least Android...

Without more info its hard to say for sure but my quess is when the original bootloader got patched to do the dualboot thing its knocked the ATF stuff out and theres still remnants of what was altered via the "boot scripts" that are interferring with trying fully restore Beelinks actual firmware when flashing... It may require manually via ssh trying to fix up the bootloader pieces...

I can see from your 1st post and log that its loading a kzaq kernel and a gxm-q201 dtb so after trying the CE thing i would check again asn see if kzaq's kernel is still the active loader and if so then the beelink's not restoring properly.(not unless beelink's actually using kzaq's kernel in the their uboot) as well i was under the impression the S912's used a gxm_q200 derivative dtb...

heres the thing tho... any uboot thats right for the box should work with NON-Android but trying to restore and run the Android meant for that box means the boot loader has to contain Beelink's signed ATF portions of the bin files to work...

Sorry i can't be more of a help but hopefully some of what i said will help point you in the right direction...

• Ok, thanks.

Here is CE log, is anything you can see from it?

Do You know any commands that I can use to "going to the maintance level of the box on boot up and tell it to clear all the flash area's" ?

CElog.txt

You are trying to boot with wrong p212 dtb, this will not work. (Probably the GPU is broken.) You can run store init 3 in the uboot terminal and try to burn the uboot onto the sd card to boot from it instead of from the internal bootloader partition, but I do not think it helps.

• I know that the correct dtb is gxm-q201.dtb but with it I don't get anything, it stuck somewhere in the middle of the boot process in log and no splash screen.

If GPU is broken then there should be no picture at all, or I'm mistaken?

How to try to run store init 3 in the uboot terminal?

• store init 3

This command full erases all eMMC.

First, try in the UART console to run the command "defenv" and then the second command "saveenv". This will reset all variables to their original state. After that, you can try to write the regular firmware via USB Burn Tool.

After that, you can normally activate the multi-boot and run the LE from external media and install in eMMC without the risk of killing the TV box.

• Yes, thanks, that worked.

Tried "store init 3" and it done it's thing, when rebooted just zeroes loop in log, so everything was deleted.

Then flashed original firmware with USB_Burning_Tool and was successful.

When boot, just Beelink logo, here is the log.

android_log.txt

• This command full erases all eMMC.

First, try in the UART console to run the command "defenv" and then the second command "saveenv". This will reset all variables to their original state. After that, you can try to write the regular firmware via USB Burn Tool.

After that, you can normally activate the multi-boot and run the LE from external media and install in eMMC without the risk of killing the TV box.

This is already done by the aml_autoscript. Also burning via ABT would execute the "flash erase" (init 3) and thus completely remove the uboot environment from emmc, so running from devenv would actually make no sense :)

Code
    reading aml_autoscript
    795 bytes read in 3 ms (258.8 KiB/s)
    ## Executing script at 01080000
    ## defenv_reserve
    Saving Environment to aml-storage...
    mmc env offset: 0x27400000
    Writing to MMC(1)... done
  • No, when I press recovery button and apply power get stuck at logo again.

So, when boot to Android stuck at Beelink logo, SPDIF light is on couple of seconds and then turn off.

When boot to LE/CE with correct dtb it's the same, Beelink logo and SPIDF on/off.

When boot to LE/CE with wrong p212 dtb get LE/CE logo and SPIDF stay on.

Maybe this can help something...

Edited once, last by Nebojsa (September 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM).