Orange Pi One Build

• I have a box full of these devices and I have tried a few builds and Im having issues with the pvr iptv simple client with network streams. seam to be crashing or having system lock ups. Tried the libreelec 16 and works great even locked up once but rebooted and started playing again.

I tried all the 9.80 Orange Pi H3 builds and the 9.1 Orange Pi build compiled by Dejan_ his one seemed to be the best but once i loaded the pvr iptv simple client it lagged and froze.

• libreelec 16

What is that? Maybe you mean old OpenELEC ports with Kodi 16? Anyway, anything not recent is not supported in any way from me.

Im having issues with the pvr iptv simple client with network streams. seam to be crashing or having system lock ups.

First try to manually build image and addon. Only that way you can be completely sure that Kodi and addon match. With nightlies this is not always the case.

• Dejan build? What?

I have a couple Orange Pi One too. It is useless now, because with 512 MB is undermemorized. I have tried it too, due insufficient memory, OP One (loading some addons) continues to crash.

• For 512mb devices, consider building from master with zram enabled. With the switch to linux 5, zram is better than it used to be. Not sure how much better, or if it fixes anything, but worth a try perhaps?

see here for tiny bit more discussion

and here for suggestions regarding what to change

• Hello. I am looking for working libreelec build for OrangePI One .. any stable build or can someone build?

thank you very much..

• I'm interested too.

Latest nightlies for OrangePi PC boot and work well enough on OPi One except HDMI sound, which doesn't work at all.

• I'm interested too.

Latest nightlies for OrangePi PC boot and work well enough on OPi One except HDMI sound, which doesn't work at all.

Already tried to boot the OPi PC build with the dtb file from the dejan_ image?

• Already tried to boot the OPi PC build with the dtb file from the dejan_ image?

9.80-nightly-20200110-f59b99c-orangepi-pc with the dtb for OPi One from dejan's image boots ok, doesn't detect nor present an option for correct display resolution, no HDMI sound.

UPD: after a couple of reboots it caught the right resolution and sound appeared too. Testing.

Edited once, last by Zoom ().

• Ok, so I can't get it to reliably detect the correct resolution for my display I'm testing on (TV 1366x768). LE detects max 1024x768 and my TV says it receives the signal in "DVI" mode, rather than "HDMI".

Is it a problem with the display or maybe hdmi cable?

kodi.log

• This just means that HDMI driver couldn't read EDID correctly. That is typical issue for H6 boards, if board DT needs ddc-en-gpios property in connector node but none is provided.

• This just means that HDMI driver couldn't read EDID correctly. That is typical issue for H6 boards, if board DT needs ddc-en-gpios property in connector node but none is provided.

OPi One is H3 though. Why does it detect the resolutions in some cases? Any solution?

• Ah, sorry, I mixed this up. Anyway, I fixed similar issue for H3 long time ago. Solution was to disable display driver in U-Boot. Just make sure you have image from recent LE code base and that U-Boot was also updated. Either by flashing full image or by using board specific update (tar file with board name in it).

• I build LibreELEC 9.20(LibreELEC — Yandex.Disk) for orange pi one, this build include:

1. ZRAM support

2. Thermal sensor support(backport from master version of LibreELEC)

Also in attachmetn provided Vagrant, that can be used be evryone to build they custom image. To use this Vagrant "disk plugin" install required

Code
    1. vagrant plugin install vagrant-disksize

then after up Vagrant virtual machine

Code
    1. vagrant up

You need to enter inside vm:

Code
    1. vagrant ssh

And then inside Virtual Machine launch build script:

Code
    1. [email protected]:~$ ./build.sh