Installing Serviio on LibreELEC

• Has anybody tried that?

Downloads and all dependencies and requirements are here: Download

I've been using Serviio for years on my HTPC. So I'm kinda used to it.

I tested it on a regular Linux machine on VirtualBox. It works. But what about LibreELEC?

• Additional requirements for Linux:

• if on Linux, Java 8 must be installed. Windows and OSX come with Java runtime aready included in the installation.
    • Linux users need to install the FFmpeg package (incl. libRTMP, libASS, libx264 and libmp3lame) for their OS distributions or, ideally, compile FFmpeg using the source files provided above
    • Linux users need to install the dcraw package if they need RAW image support

So is it possible to install Java, FFmpeg, libRTMP, libASS, libx264 and libmp3lame to LibreELEC?

Maybe those are available as addons? (sounds pretty standard to me)

You can SSH to LibreELEC. Right? What about installing packages or compiling from source?

• I want to use Serviio as my DLNA server. I use it on my Windows HTPC to share my content to other TVs.

Because Serviio supports:

- Movie thumbnails (Kodi - not supported or not working; I've seen complaints in forums but no solution)

- Video playback resume (not supported in Kodi; scrolling with TV remote to a middle of the 2hrs movie - nightmare; and you have to remember where you stopped)

- Sorting automatically my TV series into series, seasons, last watched episode etc. (not so good in Kodi)

Kodi works. But painfully. Serviio does it way better. So I use Kodi for Local playback and Serviio for sharing to my network.

• Because Serviio supports:

- Movie thumbnails (Kodi - not supported or not working; I've seen complaints in forums but no solution)

- Video playback resume (not supported in Kodi; scrolling with TV remote to a middle of the 2hrs movie - nightmare; and you have to remember where you stopped)

- Sorting automatically my TV series into series, seasons, last watched episode etc. (not so good in Kodi)

Good ideas for feature requests. Go for it! :)

To install Java for this would be kind of an overkill.