How helpful will this be to getting LibreELEC on allwinner android boxes?

• How helpful will this be to getting LibreELEC on allwinner android boxes?

There are already two boxes supported (Beelink X2 - H3 and Beelink GS1 - H6) and support for another one (Tanix TX6 - H6) is close to being ready. Actually, this Tanix TX6 image is known to work on other H6 boxes.

Which android box do you have in mind?

• Q Plus Android 9.0 TV Box Smart TV Box 4GB RAM 64GB Allwinner H6 Quad Core 6K H.265 USD3.0 2.4G Wifi

Hardware

CPU

Allwinner H6 Quad core ARM Cortex-A53

GPU

Mali-T720MP2

SDRAM

4GB

FLASH

32GB/64GB

DC In

DC 5V/2A

USB Host

1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, support U DISK and USB HDD

Card Reader

SD/SDHC/MMC cards

Lan

RJ45 Ethernet port(100M)

Wifi

2.4GHz

SPDIF

Coaxial

Power Indicator

Power On: Blue

• where do you find the tanix tx6 libreelec files and what's the steps to getting it running fast and simple?

Everything else I have seen is tear it apart reprogramming solder etc no thanks I'm into simple and quick reboot update, toothpick restore screen etc

• Hello. I hope this help you.

• hm... this seems to be ok, but not enough information. Please edit extlinux/extlinux.conf on FAT32 partition and remove "quiet" and "console=tty1" and add "systemd.debug-shell=1" at the end of the same line. That way you should get much more verbose output and if kernel boots up, console access. If you get that far, output of dmesg would be useful.

• The kernel started? I think no.

• it seems something wrong with handling eMMC. Recently there were some changes to double the speed, as they should be from the beginning. However, that change works just fine on my box. You can try to boot Android from eMMC (if you still have it), to see if everything is ok with it and maybe fix any filesystem issue. If not, I will prepare test updates with possible solutions or workarounds.

• Builds up to LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200119-635fa1e-tanix-tx6 work fine. I can to boot LibreELEC from eMMC.

I saw a change on git. I assumed that the problem would be fixed based on feedback. But judging by the activity on the forum, my box is worse.:(

Edited once, last by SWen (January 23, 2020 at 9:18 PM).