[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• No, unfortunately it does not work
    I have also tested your OpenELEC 5.0.8.20 (kernel 3.10.61) and this does not work either.
    There may be some difference with the eMMC driver between your kernel version and the factory Android version 3.10.33

This is always an issue with these cheap devices: there is no kernel source code.

Let's try a modified device tree: mk808b-new-device-tree

• Working!

What did you do...?

I downloaded the latest stock firmware - I was surprised that there was 113k4 version! - unpacked kernel image, decompiled device tree and compared to what I use in my builds: after that I changed two eMMC parameters: GAfI

The change will be included in my next release with all previous fixes from this thread.

• I downloaded the latest stock firmware - I was surprised that there was 113k4 version! - unpacked kernel image, decompiled device tree and compared to what I use in my builds: after that I changed two eMMC parameters: GAfI

The change will be included in my next release with all previous fixes from this thread.

Ah, that is excellent! Thank you for your very swift support

• Sorry, I have no box with that kind of display and don't know how they work. The only suggestion I can give is that you search Kodi/OE/LE forums to see if this can be done easily. The fact that you were able to turn it off in Kodi settings hints at possibility of showing some information on that display.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep looking on this part, once I turn it off I can not get it to turn back on until I flash factory hardware. Last question would be the remote. Only the power button works on this. Is there a way for me to fix this and use the remote. Thank you again

• I'm using a cheap wireless remote (like this)
    everything works ok, except the power button is not recognized:

Code
    DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(142)

kszaq is it possible to add this key in LE?
    Or is it only possible in kodi master?

as far as I can tell keycode translations are handled in "LinuxInputDevices.cpp"

Edited once, last by GreenAir (June 24, 2016 at 12:07 AM).

• ast question would be the remote. Only the power button works on this. Is there a way for me to fix this and use the remote.

You need to use remote.conf from original Android firmware. Please read the first post, there is information how to do this. If you don't have a ZIP file with Android firware for your box and you run LE from SD card, you can use instructions from this post: LibreELEC

I'm using a cheap wireless remote (like this)
    everything works ok, except the power button is not recognized:

Code
    DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(142)

kszaq is it possible to add this key in LE?
    Or is it only possible in kodi master?

as far as I can tell keycode translations are handled in "LinuxInputDevices.cpp"

Some time ago after a lot of consideration I decided not to modify key maps in kernel nor in Kodi. You should modify your remote.conf to make the power button work - look for "142" in the last column and change it to "116". Or you can wait for the next build as I have prepared a script that will automatically remap buttons from custom remote.conf.

• You should modify your remote.conf to make the power button work - look for "142" in the last column and change it to "116".

I tried with remote.conf but didn't work...
    Isn't remote.conf just for IR-codes?
    my "remote" is a wireless keyboard/mouse

Edited once, last by GreenAir (June 24, 2016 at 10:37 AM).

• Hello kszaq,

It's possible to pass this command when system start : hdmi force edid audio=1
    This allow passthrough of DTS/AC3 even when not reported as supported.

Thanks in advance for your great job.

• I tried with remote.conf but didn't work...
    Isn't remote.conf just for IR-codes?
    my "remote" is a wireless keyboard/mouse

I missed the part when you pointed out that this is a USB remote... yes, I can add that keycode to Kodi for the next release.

It's possible to pass this command when system start : hdmi force edid audio=1
    This allow passthrough of DTS/AC3 even when not reported as supported.

There is no such parameter for Amlogic and there is no need to set it - simply enable passthrough in Kodi settings.

• You need to use remote.conf from original Android firmware. Please read the first post, there is information how to do this. If you don't have a ZIP file with Android firware for your box and you run LE from SD card, you can use instructions from this post: LibreELEC

Thank you again for the reply, i have the stock firmware so it will be easy to extract, thanks for the advice. When looking into the LCD display on the front, I was trying to check with lsusb to see if anything else was attached and nothing shows up, besides mouse keyboard hubs. Same result in Android terminal, do you know how I would go upon getting device information from this. If not thats ok. Like I had stated before its really odd. If i flash stock firmware I get the normal clock display etc, the moment I install LE, I just get boot and that will just stay, as soon as I enable LCD it disappears, if I disable it nothing comes back. With OE after it installs nothing shows up just the black digital display. Im beating my head against a wall lol. Thanks for the help its appreciated.

• I missed the part when you pointed out that this is a USB remote... yes, I can add that keycode to Kodi for the next release.

Wooohooooo!
    After 1,5years I can finally use the powerbutton!

But now I have to think what to do with it..
    I don't think I can wake the stick up once it turned off?

Anyways, thanks so much kszaq!

• I have good news to report: The NEXBOX A85 boots the HD18Q 7.0.1.4 build. internal board MXQ_S805 V3_2 build date 20160229. You must put remote.conf from m201d build via SAMBA to ConfigFiles folder to use remote.

Edited once, last by chewitt (June 25, 2016 at 4:17 AM).

• But now I have to think what to do with it..
    I don't think I can wake the stick up once it turned off?

I think I will make this button suspend the box, that is work like "Power" key. I don't think you will be able to wake it with the remote as that a task for u-boot - something out of my control.

I have good news to report: The NEXBOX A85 boots the HD18Q 7.0.1.4 build. internal board MXQ_S805 V3_2 build date 20160229. You must put remote.conf from m201d build via SAMBA to ConfigFiles folder to use remote. These are the cheapest boxes I have found on Amazon at around $25 and run the build great.

What is the build date for Android firmware? Can you wake the box with IR remote after you put it to sleep in LE?

• Kszaq can you make a "ludicrous" build where you remove the thermal profiles and go full 1.5Ghz without throttle? I want to test something...I have an extra stick that I put some heatsinks on and I want to run some load tests on it ...stess it for a few days ect.

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM).

• Ahh, did I hear S905 build happening ? :) I have the mini-MX

While you're waiting you could try a build from here.
    Think you have to register to view that sub-forum - I've tried twiddif's libreelec on a mini mxiii on sd card - seems to be working pretty well.