[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Poida I have seen the same on the V3_1 board I have. I have plans to look at it later, now I'm busy trying to make my first S905 build boot.

It turns out that this is quite a major issue. Your attention to it would be greatly appreciated. Even assigning the devices different static addresses results in me not being able to use both boxes simultaneously.

Is there maybe a script I can run, to change / spoof the MAC address of one of the boxes?
    I also begin to wonder if the problem is confined to v3_1 boards. Can anyone confirm that they have purchased multiple boxes of the same motherboard version and have different MAC addresses assigned to each, with these builds?

Incidentally, the Wifi cards are not recognised with these boards (doesn't bother me, but was one of my attempts to get a unique MAC address)

Edited once, last by Poida (June 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM).

• It turns out that this is quite a major issue. Your attention to it would be greatly appreciated. Even assigning the devices different static addresses results in me not being able to use both boxes simultaneously.

Is there maybe a script I can run to change / spoof the MAC address of one of the boxes? I also begin to wonder if the problem is confined to v3_1 boards. Can anyone confirm that they have purchased multiple boxes of the same motherboard version and have different MAC addresses asigned to each, with these builds?

Incedentally the Wifi cards are not recognised with these boards (doesn't bother me, but was one of my attempts to get a unique MAC address)

I am running two boxes and they have different MAC addresses. I can also stream to my second box while watching a different vid without problems.

• Yes that's my point exactly. I'm happy with my old MXQ at the mo but will upgade at some point. Are these new boxes really speedy or not really that much of a differnce?

I can tell you that the s805 that you and i have is the most stable by a mile.
    I turn the the MiniMX s905 on every now and then but it is buggy.
    I dont know about fast as it hangs quite a lot.
    I use the All Black MXQ 98% of the time.
    Maybe spec wise and theoretically the S905 Chip is quicker or whatever
    But i can tell you at this stage with Firmware available it is not a good choice when i use it.

• I can tell you that the s805 that you and i have is the most stable by a mile.
    I turn the the MiniMX s905 on every now and then but it is buggy.
    I dont know about fast as it hangs quite a lot.
    I use the All Black MXQ 98% of the time.
    Maybe spec wise and theoretically the S905 Chip is quicker or whatever
    But i can tell you at this stage with Firmware available it is not a good choice when i use it.

Yes I agree about our boxes, they are rock solid. I'll wait to see what K says once he's sorted a S905 build out. It may just be a case of trial and error to find out which box/board runs best. Obviously K isn't going to buy a bunch of boxes so it will be a gamble for us all! I'll probably just buy a cheap popular one and keep my fingers crossed!

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 10, 2016 at 11:53 AM).

• It turns out that this is quite a major issue. Your attention to it would be greatly appreciated. Even assigning the devices different static addresses results in me not being able to use both boxes simultaneously.

Is there maybe a script I can run, to change / spoof the MAC address of one of the boxes?
    I also begin to wonder if the problem is confined to v3_1 boards. Can anyone confirm that they have purchased multiple boxes of the same motherboard version and have different MAC addresses assigned to each, with these builds?

Can you reboot the box, grab log and post it here please?

Incidentally, the Wifi cards are not recognised with these boards (doesn't bother me, but was one of my attempts to get a unique MAC address)

Probably you have SSV6051Q WiFi. Until I get a working driver source it's not going to work. Both box and chip manufacturer have not responded to my multiple e-mail requests.

• Can you reboot the box, grab log and post it here please?

Yep, Where will I get log from buddy?

BTW this problem is definately due to 2 devices with the same MAC address.
    If I put an early version onto one of the boxes (pre 6.0.1.1) then things work fine, but then the device with the early version also has an early version of kodi and a random MAC address each boot

EDIT: I presume you will want the log from the device running 7.0.1.4 ?

Edited once, last by Poida (June 11, 2016 at 2:39 AM).

• Quoting from K's first post on this thread:
    "after reproducing your issue, go to \\LibreELEC\Logfiles shared folder and grab zipped logs from there"

As helpful as, I'm sure, that was supposed to be, I don't see any directory called LibreELEC\Logfiles from WinSCP, which is why I asked in the first place.
    What am I missing here?
    No doubt I'm half asleep, so where do I find said \\LibreELEC\Logfiles shared folder

• As helpful as, I'm sure, that was supposed to be, I don't see any directory called LibreELEC\Logfiles from WinSCP, which is why I asked in the first place.
    What am I missing here?
    No doubt I'm half asleep, so where do I find said \\LibreELEC\Logfiles shared folder

In windows file explorer type \\xxx.xxx.x.x where the x's are your boxes IP Address. You need to enable samba on your box also. you should them see a bunch of folders, if your computer connects, and one of the folders is called Logfiles. After starting your box connect via computer click on Logfiles and a log will be gernerated.

Hope this helps

• @ PatrickJB Ha Ha that'd be the problem then - I always disable SAMBA, don't find it that reliable.
    Bingo! - Thanks Champ. Next idiot question, How will I upload the logfile?

@ PatrickJB to the rescue once more (see following post), thanks man

Can you reboot the box, grab log and post it here please?

Attached Files
      log-2016-06-10-14.33.13.zip (Size: 146.74 KB / Downloads: 5)

Edited once, last by Poida (June 15, 2016 at 12:19 PM).

• @ PatrickJB Ha Ha that'd be the problem then - I always disable SAMBA, don't find it that reliable.

Bingo! - Thanks Champ. Next idiot question, How will I upload the logfile?

Never tried uploading on this forum but you could try that for one, see Attachments section when you make a post. If that doesn't work, some people have problems, then try your Onedrive if you have a hotmail account and PM K the link.

• Probably you have SSV6051Q WiFi. Until I get a working driver source it's not going to work. Both box and chip manufacturer have not responded to my multiple e-mail requests.

I appreciate your efforts and help on this, hoping they get back to you... if you think it will help those of us that have them PM your address and Ill send you a box to play with...

Frank

• Can you reboot the box, grab log and post it here please?

Probably you have SSV6051Q WiFi. Until I get a working driver source it's not going to work. Both box and chip manufacturer have not responded to my multiple e-mail requests.

I too can confirm that the mac address is a generic one (00:01:23:cd:ee:af) on a v3_1 board

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• I am running two boxes and they have different MAC addresses. I can also stream to my second box while watching a different vid without problems.

Are both boxes the same motherboard version? If so, which version.

I too can confirm that the mac address is a generic one (00:01:23:cd:ee:af) on a v3_1 board

For a lot of people, with only one box, that will be just fine. It seems to be causing issues if you have more than one on the same LAN (and even then, of course, only if they are both active at the same time)

Edited once, last by Poida (June 11, 2016 at 2:02 AM).

• Are both boxes the same motherboard version? If so, which version.

For a lot of people, with only one box, that will be just fine. It seems to be causing issues if you have more than one on the same LAN (and even then, of course, only if they are both active at the same time)

Can also confirm that the box does run fine and I have no problems with in connecting to Internet etc but I do only have one box I don't expect to have problems. I would expect in Android my mac address will be as it should be? Haven't booted to android to check that but I can do if required [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Using a build low enough (pre-6.0.1.2) to avoid the generic 00:01:23:CD:EE:AF MAC address on one of the boxes, unfortunately, is not a practical workaround as these lower builds spill writing all over the screen each boot (probably a side effect of the new MAC address each boot)

• Are both boxes the same motherboard version? If so, which version.

Both the same as in my signature.

• Both the same as in my signature.

OK so we have a date, 25/08/2015, but what motherboard version is that? V1.0? v2.0? v3_1? . . .

. . . It looks like they have v2.0 motherboard which would explain why you are not seeing the v3_1 issues.
    Good news, I guess, as that seems to support the theory that this problem is confined to the v3_1 boxes

Edited once, last by Poida (June 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM).