[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I've updated my box to the latest Jarvis build 7.0.3.3c and i've now noticed a cache full message pops up really quick when trying to watch some content.

I never use to see this with and Older release.....

Now i don't know if it's just the content i'm viewing or if the Cache has been modified or if it's some new bug or something as i clear my cache all the time........

*** It Was The Content My Bad ***

Edited once, last by Chewy (February 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM).

• 7.0.3.3c Hd18Q Works really Perfect in my All Black MXQ , i have installed on NAND because Libreelec is a lot Faster than Android , If somebody have the problem that the Video Freeze at start or Play Slow , is just a SD Card Issue , install to NAND or class 10 SD and all works Perfect .

The only Problem that i have , is the known problem about the remote power Button, i can t poweroff (The Blue light is always on) and i cannot power on (nothing happen when i push the power button)

Is there a way to change the function of the Power Button on Libreelec ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Self Answer , very easy .

Just copy the /etc/amremote/remote.conf to /storage/.config/
    then edit the file /storage/.config/remote.conf and change the code 116 (Power Button) for another not used , in my case i have changed for 87 (F11)

Reboot > install addon "keymap editor" > open keymap editor > Edit > Global > Assign the key to Suspend

Ready , now i can suspend and wake libreelec with my Power Button .

Edited once, last by ronihosting (February 27, 2017 at 6:43 PM).

• Hi sorry to disturb I install libreelec onto my mk808b plus
    for the most everything works great fast boot browsing etc....

but when i plug in any of my portable usb hard drives I get a weird click / ping noises from the hard drive
    it even happens to my new one and this issue never happens when i plugged in my device in my computer laptop or any other device
    or even with other custom roms on mk808b plus or default fw

any solution to this? any help would be great thanks

Edited once, last by Cfgraven (February 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM).

• The USB port is underpowered. You have to try using a better power adapter for MK808B+ or use Y cable to power your hard drive.

Thanks for your advice it seemed to have fixed it
    I managed to find a 2 usb uk plug i had lying around and a y usb cable
    one for the mk808b plus and other for the extra power for the hard drive
    it did happen once the weird sound but after since has not happened again which is the main thing

thanks very much :)

• Which libreelec version do you suggest for MK808b plus, with RTL8723bs wifi chipset?
    What can i download for SD card?
    HD18Q, MXQ, m201d, a,b,c,d?

Edited once, last by wmiki (March 3, 2017 at 4:45 PM).

• LOL Yeah thanks for pointing that out, 0.5GB of RAM and 2GB of Flash, in fact it says 1.8GB of Flash in Kodi and Android (that's the Android I put on the box as I wrote over the original because K's builds wouldn't install, not sure what the original Android firmware saw). K's build is on Nand and I may try an SD install but I'd rather have my Kodi backup running from NAND but I'm not sure if there;s a way to get it on to NAND with only the 1.8GB of Flash. It's a 'shitbox' it seems! :D It's not really that funny as it was £24, but hey you have to laugh! :cool:

No internet other than mobile at the mo so have to be careful with my usage, just stood outside the local Library and downloaded a couple more Android ROM's to see if they will show more storage etc. Not very hopeful, as said above, but worth a shot.

Will wait a few more days for any feedback here and then just ask the seller for a refund. Yes (ebay) and (yes) China! Would have bought locally but these boxes all seem dodgy lately. If anybody knows a UK seller doing the genuine item at a cheap price they can PM me and I may purchase from them.

I have the same model, i opened it, looks ok, but nothing at all to prevent overheating. No heatsink on CPU, no metal plate in the case. That why it's so superlight.
    I havent been able to flash anything on it yet.

• Does anyone here know why I only get file copy/move speeds of around 900KB/s when copying/moving files between 2 boxes (nexteon red tick) both of which have portable hard discs attached? Box 1 is connected directly to my router by cat5e, Box 2 by Av200 powerline.

Unfortunately I can't attach both drives to the same box as there seems to be insufficient power to run both. I have, however attached a drive to my router using its Samba capabilities. The box that's directly connected to the router will transfer at about 5MB/s. That's still slower than I'd have thought for throughput on 100Mb LAN (100Mb being 12.5MB and all that).

• Hi I've installed your build on my old MXQ S805 and it works brilliantly, however there are a couple of things I'd like to get working before it becomes my new go to media box.

1. Bluetooth audio I know this page from openelec says it is not supported:

Bluetooth Audio - OpenELEC

but also found reference to it working for raspberry pi:

Bluetooth Audio in OpenELEC on the Raspberry Pi | Plugable

Is that purely because the PI version uses pulse not alsa?

2. EXFAT support:

By default this version does not seem to mount exfat formatted USB* although again the PI version does

(* although it does seem to recognise an unmount wierdly)
    Is there a way of adding this?

I'm willing to give re-compiling a try if that's what it takes any tips would be much appreciated Thanks :D

• 1. BT Audio should be working. Have you tried?
    2. My exFAT USB drive works without issues here.

Hi Thanks for the quick reply

Yes tried bluetooth and I can connect my bluetooth headset through libreellec bluetooth but can't select it as an audio output device in the audio settings.

The Ex Fat drive was a bit strange as it didn't appear when inserted but when removed iprompt gave correct drive name etc and said successfully unmounted I'll try re-formatting to see if it works then.
    [hr]
    Hi,

Sorry, looks like I wasted your time

The re-formatting the drive sorted that out

and using trust and connect rather than just connect sorted out the bluetooth headset.

Thanks for your help and for the great port it turned a box I had gathering dust into something useful again :)

Edited once, last by jcp2mill (March 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM).

• HI,

- In Rufus burning tool, do I need to select DD or ISO for "Create a bootable disk"?
    - Do I unpack img.gz and load img to Rufus or load the img.gz directly to Rufus? (Info is contradicting)
    - Is there a bootup time difference if Libreelec is used on SDcard or internal NAND?
    - Can I use the same updating method to downgrade for example from 7.0.3.3.c to 7.0.3.3.b?

Edited once, last by Sangean (March 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM).

• In Rufus burning tool, do I need to select DD or ISO for "Create a bootable disk"?

DD Image.

- Do I unpack img.gz and load img to Rufus or load the img.gz directly to Rufus? (Info is contradicting)

You don't need to unpack.

- Is there a bootup time difference if Libreelec is used on SDcard or internal NAND?

Either can be faster, depending on what you have.

- Can I use the same updating method to downgrade for example from 7.0.3.3.c to 7.0.3.3.b?

Yes.

• - It is strange that sometimes during navigation in the menu it pauses for a few seconds before entering a submenu.
    - Is there a download link For OE or LE with Kodi 14. 2? I didn't have that issue with SPMC 14.2

MK808B Plus M805 (not S)

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Sangean (March 11, 2017 at 5:13 AM).

• First of all, thank you, kszaq, for your hard work on this - I've been using your OE and later LE builds for about two years now, and they are simply amazing and a godsend, thank you so much!

I have an old mxq-branded hd18q box, and on later LE builds wake up from suspend by pressing the remote button doesn't seem to work any more (it works in Android, and worked on LE builds prior to 7.0.2). I accidentally screwed up the SD-card I used for booting LE yesterday and found out that the oldest build available for download is 7.0.2.2. Does anyone here maybe have a copy of a 7.0.1.4 (or older) image for hd18q or at least m201d?

Edited once, last by mittelschmerz (March 11, 2017 at 8:55 AM).