[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi,

I'm probably missing something - trying to install libreElec 7.0.0.3.3 on an MXQ Nand but whatever I try to do I get "signature verification failed"...

I copy the zip file from the zip file in Index of /s805/7.0.3.3/NAND/ to FAT32 formatted SD card and I use the toothpick trick to enter the recovery... It used to work :(

Any advice will be appreciated!!

• Hi!

I use LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1.4.xz for my clone M8S (Amlogic S812).
    It works well, except remote. (LibreELEC use only 1GB RAm instead of 2, but 1 GB enough for LibreELEC)
    I extract remote.conf from M8S 's Android firmware and put nto Kodi's config directory. Arrows buttons works, but Ok do not work. How can I fix OK button?
    Which is the working ok code?
    ok_key_scancode = 0x13 //does not work

I found the solution. 0x13 is correct.
    but I had to change scancode in remote.conf

#ok_key_scancode = 0x13 I put # before this line

And I modified key_begin section

# 0x13 232
    0x13 28 #ENTER OK

So I changed 232 to 28

Edited once, last by kenand (January 29, 2017 at 3:44 PM).

• Hats off to the LE team for this awesome firmware. Since the first s805 units were introduced, many have struggled with compatibility issues, drivers, etc. This just works.

My sticks are, according to the .dts, "m8b_m201_1G," "AMLOGIC,8726_M8B," one Tronsmart and the other MK808B Plus. Both run fine with the MXQ version.

Wanted to ask if anyone had success with either 7x or 8x releases getting HDhomerun add-on to run? I've tried both, unsuccessfully. My HDHR3-US connects and plays perfectly with Silicon Dust's Android app (latest update only) on all our phones and tabs. With the other available ROMs on these sticks, though, live TV video plays ok as long as the stream doesn't exceed 720p. Higher inputs cause the video to freeze after 2 seconds, though audio continues normally. No setting change fixes it.

In the latest 7x release, the add-on will start and present the Play button, but when pressed, gives an error and re-presents the buttons. In 8x, when Run is hit, the behavior is like the 'back' button was ticked. It never runs.

Perhaps it will just take a little time for SDust to migrate whatever they did for the app over to the add-on. In that case, patience is our friend. But if anyone has it running, please post.

Many thanks.

• 7.0.3.3b Index of /s805/7.0.3.3/

Commits from 7.0.3.3 to 7.0.3.3b: Comparing 7.0.3.3...7.0.3.3b · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog:

• improved Kodi buffering patch
    • fixed "Cannot get MTD information for /dev/nand_env" error when setting/reading uenv variables
    • added experimental MT7601U drivers
    • updated media_build patches
    • use hciattach to load BRCM BT firmware - should fix AP6212A BT
    • enabled CONFIG_UHID in kernel config for HID over BT devices
    • added a patch from meijjaa to fix non-working AP6212A BT
    • media_build drivers updated to latest upstream version (2017-01-22)
    • backported Samba improvements from LE 8.0
    • use standard advancedsettings.xml from LE (includes 175ms audio delay for ~24fps videos)
    • kodi: optimize NFS chunk size
    • added Kodi patch to fix video scaling for rotated videos

• 7.0.3.3b Index of /s805/7.0.3.3/

Commits from 7.0.3.3 to 7.0.3.3b: Comparing 7.0.3.3...7.0.3.3b · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog:

• improved Kodi buffering patch
    • fixed "Cannot get MTD information for /dev/nand_env" error when setting/reading uenv variables
    • added experimental MT7601U drivers
    • updated media_build patches
    • use hciattach to load BRCM BT firmware - should fix AP6212A BT
    • enabled CONFIG_UHID in kernel config for HID over BT devices
    • added a patch from meijjaa to fix non-working AP6212A BT
    • media_build drivers updated to latest upstream version (2017-01-22)
    • backported Samba improvements from LE 8.0
    • use standard advancedsettings.xml from LE (includes 175ms audio delay for ~24fps videos)
    • kodi: optimize NFS chunk size
    • added Kodi patch to fix video scaling for rotated videos

Hi there, I cant boot the m201d NAND version without getting E:footer is wrong and E: signature verification failed. 7.0.3.3 works, 7.0.3.3b doesn't. Is there something different about these?

• Have you unpacked before flashing? If moving from 7.0.3.3 to 7.0.3.3b it's better to simply update, there's no need to re-flash.

I have been booting from LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.3.3-update.zip and factory_update_param.aml on a usb stick using the toothpick method. Am I using the wrong file for this?

• I have been booting from LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.3.3-update.zip and factory_update_param.aml on a usb stick using the toothpick method. Am I using the wrong file for this?

Just
    1) download the *.gz file from the Update folder
    2) remote connect to your kodi (use Windows explorer \\192.168.1.xx or whatever your Kodi-IP is)
    3) copy the file into the UPDATE folder of your Kodi
    4) reboot
    5) The update will unzip and install automatically

• Got 7.0.3.3b booted, these MXQ boxes seems to have a wifi problem (I have a few of them). Is there anything I can do to get Wifi working?

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep -i wifi
    [ 1.038541@0] wifi_dev_probe
    [ 1.053695@0] wifi_dt : interrupt_pin=GPIOX_21
    [ 1.058092@0] wifi_dt : irq_num=null
    [ 1.061674@0] wifi_dt : irq_trigger_type=GPIO_IRQ_HIGH
    [ 1.066743@0] wifi_dt : power_on_pin=GPIOAO_6
    [ 1.071100@0] wifi_dt : power_on_pin2=GPIOX_11
    [ 6.238162@2] Error: Didn't get power valid value --- wifi_power_probe 323
    [ 6.244672@2] wifi_power power_gpio is 6
    [ 6.248561@2] wifi_power power_gpio2 is 108
    [ 6.288493@2] wifi_request_32k_clk : OFF-->ON for bt_rfkill
    [ 6.292443@2] clock_32k_pin(107) : sdio_wifi
    [ 9.802954@1] wifi_setup_dt
    [ 9.802971@1] wifi_request_32k_clk : ON-->ON for sdio_wifi
    [ 9.803039@1] interrupt_pin(118) : sdio_wifi
    [ 9.803068@1] power_on_pin(6) : sdio_wifi
    [ 9.803098@1] power_on_pin2(108) : sdio_wifi
    [ 10.108292@1] WIFI Disable! 6
    [ 12.132772@1] Triggered SDIO WiFi power on and bus rescan.
    [ 12.132791@1] WIFI Enable! 6

• 1. Identify your WiFi chip.
    2. Add a driver.

You have provided absolutely no information that let me identify the problem. My guess is that you have an unsupported WiFi chip.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 17, 2017 at 9:29 AM).

• 1. Identify your WiFi chip.
    2. Add a driver.

You have provided absolutely no information that let me identify the problem. My guess is that you have an unsupported WiFi chip.

Board is an L shaped S805Q_v2.0, WiFi Chip looks to be an SCI S9083C. I'm guessing I'm out of luck on that then.

• FAKE BOXES! (not the box in my Signature)

Just wondering if someone can confirm that I have a fake MXQ. I use the word fake because not only does it only have 0.5Gig of ROM it also only has 2Gig of Ram! I have managed to get it working with K's m201 builds but I can't restore a Kodi backup as it says not enough memory.

More Details:
    Firstly I haven't opened it up yet but will as it doesn't even have a QC sticker. The box is very very lite and seems slightly inferior in quality especially the thinner plastic housing. The original splash logo was blue and yellow with S805 and Amalogic written/displayed on it. It wouldn't install any of K's builds to begin with so I found an alternative Android ROM, yes I took the risk, and flashed the box and it worked but no Wifi which is often the case. I then had another go with K's builds and eventually managed to get LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.3.3b to install. I thought "great I've cracked it"! That's until I couldn't apply a Kodi backup! That's when I realised it only had half a gig of ROM and 2 gig of RAM.

Of course there is a chance I've screwed up the RAM partition so I would be interested in any ideas about how I can fix it if that's the case. Although I have a strong feeling the box is a pile of s##t! I could probably live with only half a gig of ROM but 2Gig of RAM is just silly.

So anyway, anybody else come across these boxes? I'm going to try and get a refund once I'm 100% sure the specs are bull!

• I think you got your RAM (dynamic memory) and ROM (flash memory) mixed up. But anyway, a printout of "mount" and "df" from android root would show what partitions are mounted in android and how much space they have.

• I think you got your RAM (dynamic memory) and ROM (flash memory) mixed up. But anyway, a printout of "mount" and "df" from android root would show what partitions are mounted in android and how much space they have.

LOL Yeah thanks for pointing that out, 0.5GB of RAM and 2GB of Flash, in fact it says 1.8GB of Flash in Kodi and Android (that's the Android I put on the box as I wrote over the original because K's builds wouldn't install, not sure what the original Android firmware saw). K's build is on Nand and I may try an SD install but I'd rather have my Kodi backup running from NAND but I'm not sure if there;s a way to get it on to NAND with only the 1.8GB of Flash. It's a 'shitbox' it seems! :D It's not really that funny as it was £24, but hey you have to laugh! :cool:

No internet other than mobile at the mo so have to be careful with my usage, just stood outside the local Library and downloaded a couple more Android ROM's to see if they will show more storage etc. Not very hopeful, as said above, but worth a shot.

Will wait a few more days for any feedback here and then just ask the seller for a refund. Yes (ebay) and (yes) China! Would have bought locally but these boxes all seem dodgy lately. If anybody knows a UK seller doing the genuine item at a cheap price they can PM me and I may purchase from them.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (February 18, 2017 at 5:48 PM).