[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I looked through the forums and could not find anything. I know that it was stated that the LED function on certain boxes has been restored, which mine now turns on and off, but it is doing it backwards. Blue light dissappears when on and turns on when LE is off. Any way to have this reversed?

• Rumblefish: I've sent you a PM few days ago, but I'll post this for others to see: for the remote.conf issue you posted (that you want to have out-of-box working remote) I can make a change in my next build so that you'll be able to copy remote.conf to root folder of your SD card without a need to modify the whole image. I think that'll be easy and convenient.

If you want to repackage a current build you need to:

• mount SD card image
    • unpack SYSTEM image with unsquashfs
    • copy your remote.conf to /etc
    • repack SYSTEM image with mksquashfs

All of this needs to be done in Linux.

As for DVB tuners, you need to have kernel driver source code so that I can compile them in. There is no way to download the driver somewhere from the Internet and I'm afraid that binary driver extracted from Android won't work. The best thing you can do is to grab logs from LibreELEC so that I can see what tuners you have.

A few things to clear up:

• my OE/LE builds do not modify bootloader - aml_autoscript modifies u-boot variables to allow booting from SD card and this can be losslessly reverted at any time - this change is not permanent
    • in OE/LE there is no "MBox" animation
    • the reason for "MXQ" logo not showing is not connected to OE/LE

I found a branch of libcec-daemon that shows as working well because it links itself also as a keyboard...That will make it more universally suppported :

GitHub - diablodiab/libcec-daemon

Shown in this video he has it working on RPi...so i think it will work for us.

my-setup-and-perhaps-some-inspiration-for-new-recalbox-functionality

Can you try to compile a new version using his sources?

I'll give it a try later today.

• A few things to clear up:

• my OE/LE builds do not modify bootloader - aml_autoscript modifies u-boot variables to allow booting from SD card and this can be losslessly reverted at any time - this change is not permanent
    • in OE/LE there is no "MBox" animation
    • the reason for "MXQ" logo not showing is not connected to OE/LE

Thank you for clearing up, kszaq.
    It must have been something else that went wrong.
    I'll look for solutions elsewhere.

• Thank you for clearing up, kszaq.
    It must have been something else that went wrong.
    I'll look for solutions elsewhere.

The best thing would be to get original Android firmware from the manufacturer... which is very hard, unfortunately.

• I bricked a v3 board gave up on it and stumbled across the right image to use in USB burner so hit and miss with boards and chips can take ages to find the correct image but kszaq has gone from strength to strength with all the variations he covers and he gives better support than a lot of big businesses Thxs a lot

• kszaq
    I just saw your message on this thread, I haven't read the PM yet, but will. I just wanted to post thank you.
    Excellent.

I haven't read it all yet, as soon as I saw the top of your post, I went to post this. I'm working weird hours for the next month I think, so I am getting back to it when I can.

Thanks again.

EDIT - This is possibly a daft question, but will the tuners automatically appear in the logs, or do I have to do something to make them appear?

webman, I lost the logo on a v3_1 motherboard MXq when I flashed the wrong image to Nand. I got it back by following this thread (I went through the whole thread before i did anything, as there are a few dead ends before it worked.
    OTT MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230 rom - FreakTab.com

Edited once, last by Rumblefish (May 30, 2016 at 5:59 PM).

• A small update on V3_1 board: I managed to find a USB Burning Tool image that shows 1GB RAM in u-boot but unfortunately neither Android nor LibreELEC boot with this image. This could be another sign that this board has only 512MB of usable RAM.

@Runblefish: Thank you for the logs you sent me. Unfortunately there is nothing about your tuners in the log and this needs further investigation. I need you to provide me a copy of kernel and kernel modules. If you have a link to Android firmware, that would be the best. If you don't, you can provide me appropriate files by logging over SSH to LE and doing the following:

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount -o ro /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name \*.ko | xargs tar cvzf /storage/downloads/modules.tgz
    dd if=/dev/boot | gzip > /storage/downloads/boot.tgz

You'll find files I need in "Downloads" shared folder.

As for remote control, I'm planning on adding some additional key mappings to Kodi so that people won't need to remap their remotes that much.

I'm quite busy with life stuff so things will go a little bit slower than usual.
    [hr]
    sammaz Here's libcec-daemon compiled from the repository you linked: tools.libcec-daemon-7.0.2.zip

I noticed that it doesn't map all the buttons needed. For the time being please confirm whether it works or not for you.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 31, 2016 at 8:02 PM).

• sammaz Here's libcec-daemon compiled from the repository you linked: tools.libcec-daemon-7.0.2.zip

I noticed that it doesn't map all the buttons needed. For the time being please confirm whether it works or not for you.

It works ! It works! It works!

OMG!

Now I am able to enter the retroarch XMB menu from Kodi and navigate\play games\and exit back to kodi without loosing CEC control!!!!!

This is Unbelieveable! I will shoot a video of it in action in a few minutes...

Thanks so much...video comming shortly.

Edit : Plaing Super mario bros. with my CEC TV remote works flawlessly ! HAHAHA Since CEC only hears one input at a time, games like pacman work well from the couch.

Edit 2 :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Video of the new CEC driver in action

Edited once, last by sammaz (May 31, 2016 at 11:08 PM).

• New CEC driver working between Retroarch and Kodi for seamless experience

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Keys can be perfected using KeyMap Editor Addon...After a few mins. I had everything perfect.

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 1, 2016 at 12:43 AM).

• Hi, guys!
    Can you tell me how to install RetroArch to LibreELEC 7.0.1.2 for MXQ (V3_1)?

1. Install Kszaq's Retroarch build found here :
    emulator.tools.retroarch-7.0.2.zip

2. There are many Retroarch tutorials on the net. Start here :
    Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ - FreakTab.com

Besides the CEC daemon related Libreelec discussion, Retroarch discussion should be held elsewhere.

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 1, 2016 at 7:30 AM).

• kszaq The 7.0.1.2 build is working great here. Thanks for your impressive work

Would you, or anyone else here, happen to know what command is suitable for use in a script to disable HDMI output?
    I recently lumbered myself with a couple of the 3_1 boards, and was hoping I could write a script that would enable me to disable HDMI on screensaver / idle like exists for the rasPi. Coupled with rebooting the box as the TV comes on, the wife will never know that it's not turning on and off

edit: I forgot to mention that the TV, although not CEC, will detect no signal and switch off (if we fall asleep during a movie for example)

Edited once, last by Poida (June 2, 2016 at 12:38 PM).

• Thanks for the swift reply kszaq. I'm trying avoid suspend / shutdown to work around the issue of not being able to turn the box back on remotely.
    Pretty annoying, the first MXQ I set up was a v2.0 and everything worked, the next two that turned up were 3_1 boards

• Poida I understand I'm still wainting for the manufacturer to reply me with u-boot source code. The one from Amlogic FTP refuses to boot on V3_1 board.
    [hr]
    A request to people with Realtek 8723BS chip: can you test if Bluetooth works with this build: le_8723bs_bt_test_01

Edited once, last by kszaq (June 2, 2016 at 3:11 PM).