[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I've got the same issue with the freezing on the v3_1 boards using the m201 build

I have the freezing issue as well. I almost thought it was my cheap box taking a dump. Happens in the OE build as well. the 201d builds are the only ones that I can boot on my box. All black OTT S805_v1_D08. Freezes any time I try to play video. menu navigation works fine, as does installing addons. but it freezes on any type of video playing.

• Could you implement this into the next build?

libcec-daemon/src at master · diablodiab/libcec-daemon · GitHub

Its just a simple daemon for libcec but i think it will be good for keeping CEC control going.

Is there any Kodi addon that allows to configure the daemon? The good thing now about having Kodi in charge of connecting to libCEC is that we can have all configuration in one place, I don't want to lose that. I was thinking that maybe I would be able to compile the daemon so that you can use it in Retroarch? You would have to use systemctl stop to kill Kodi, though. Would that be OK?

• I was thinking that maybe I would be able to compile the daemon so that you can use it in Retroarch? You would have to use systemctl stop to kill Kodi, though. Would that be OK?

That would be great...then we could get back to Kodi using just the remote....eventually the Pulse8 loosing connection error will be fixed but in the mean time we could extend CEC controll to Retroarch using this daemon.

Also I have a treat for everyone using Retroarch on their MK808b plus sticks :

Mame .37b5 working core for Retroarch :

imame4all.rar - Google Drive

And below is the full comlete (2Gb) Mame .37b5 romset clrmamed and verified!

MEGA
    MEGA

Password: Jackhammer

All roms play at full 100% speed including mortal komat 1,2,3 NBA Jam ect...

--Retroarch got an update yesterday Libretro – A crossplatform application API, powering the crossplatform gaming platform RetroArch looks really nice...It would be cool to use their new interface to launch all roms\cores.

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 3, 2016 at 9:38 PM).

• bud thanks for the swift response (and all your gr8 work ;p)

how do i install retroarch zip tho?

& how do i ssh into the Mxq?

sorry for the noob Qs

kind regards

These things are covered in OE, LE and Kodi Wikis.

• I want to report that from time to time in random moments i get message on my TV screen: CEC Pulse adapter disconnected, and TV remote stops working. Usually I don't have another remote nearby so I switch off the TV. Powering the TV, the MK808B restarts also (it is connected to USB port of TV) and CEC is fully functional and remote works once again. I know this is common issue with new CEC driver, and I hope in the future the issue will be resolved.

• Works absolutely perfectly. Simple toothpick method install on my mk808b+ and all working as expected.

Didn't even overwrite my kodi settings!

Thanks as always. Really appreciate the effort!

• sammaz After lots of trials and errors I was finally able to compile libcec-daemon! I needed to add log4cplus package, find libcec-daemon fork that works with libcec 3.0.1, find another fork that allows compiling with CMake (autoconf was throwing errors all the time), merge them and add a fix for the latest boost library. Lot of things learned down the way!

You can download it from here: libcec_daemon
    Source code for plugin is available at GitHub - kszaq/my-addons: A simple VNC server for OpenELEC on Amlogic

I have only verified that it works, I am not sure if key mapping are correct.

What you can do for your retroarch setup - to have CEC work all the time - is disable CEC in Kodi settings (System -> Input -> Peripherals) and add libcec-daemon -d to autostart.sh. That way you'd be able to stop Kodi by SIGSTOP and not systemctl stop and have CEC input working all the time.

• So I have decided to try using my box to stream movies off my local pc. I have a mix of sd and hd movies/tv series etc and I can setup LE to see my media all ok but when I try to play either sd or hd my box freezes and I have to pull the power plug. I then tried playing off a usb thumb drive and again the box froze up. Am running the m201d build off sd card. Didn't try this with your oe builds so I don't know if it is related to just le or both le and oe

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Edit : Just tried your latest build of oe for m201d devices and local network stream working fine so it's just le I'm having this problem with

kszaq,
    I have the same thing with my all balck mxq, it freezes when trying to play anything. I have the same configuration as Kiwi_man82 has.

• Hi,

I try to install transmission with dockers, but it is not avaliable in WeTek repository. Anyone knows if exists other matter to install dockers or transmission? Can I download dockers to the rpi2 repository or it is not compatible?

• Official Post

Hi,

I try to install transmission with dockers, but it is not avaliable in WeTek repository. Anyone knows if exists other matter to install dockers or transmission? Can I download dockers to the rpi2 repository or it is not compatible?

Wetek uses too old of a kernel version to use docker.

• kszaq,
    I have the same thing with my all balck mxq, it freezes when trying to play anything. I have the same configuration as Kiwi_man82 has.

fanni sent me a box with the V3_1 board and I was able to play with it a little. I was also able to reproduce the issue and I think I have a fix!

The bad news about that board is that it has 512MB of physical RAM.

Here's screenshot from unpacked kernel proving that they are faking RAM amount in kernel log (They also fake RAM amount in free command in Android):

And here's a screenshot from kernel from other box that prints real RAM amount:

At first I thought they are somehow initializing the second RAM chip later but now I am almost 100% sure that half of the RAM is a fake.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 23, 2016 at 10:41 AM).