[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi, I have a Vigica 100S witch is the same as a Venz K1 and tried all S805 images without success, can anyone give me some lights or have any Libreelec image working on this box?

I can run Vtimod 2.1 Openelec on it, so I was thinking if is possible just to replace for Librelec if none of the images can work?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by SpyLand (October 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM).

• I have a Vigica 100S witch is the same as a Venz K1 and tried all S805 images without success

You might want to elaborate what "without success means" ?
    Did your box explode or maybe catch fire ?
    I am putting humour into this as i think you must understand we cannot read between lines.
    I don't like your chances of the tuner working in LE but a little more info would be good. :)

• With mk808b+ (OTG port) MCE remote works fine:

dmesg

lsusb

Code
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0471:0613 Philips (or NXP) Infrared Transceiver
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

lsmod

[hr]
    Addendum: It is exactly the same when using it in the regular USB port.

Code
    LibreELEC-mk808plus:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0471:0613 Philips (or NXP) Infrared Transceiver
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Edited once, last by mmpp (October 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM).

• I think some recoveries are incompatible with sha1_check that is used in 7.0.2.5 to check if there is Android or LE/OE installed. I will revert that change for the next release. Some other minor improvements are coming developed during my work on S905 builds. :)

I just tried 7.0.2.007 on MXQ pro 4k. Run from SD card all good. installtointernal from ssh all OK. Reboot and black screen. Then i made SD for NAND install. Progress stop at 1/3, device reboot and start over. I am wondering if there are the same sha1_check like the last S805 image?

• I just tried 7.0.2.007 on MXQ pro 4k. Run from SD card all good. installtointernal from ssh all OK. Reboot and black screen. Then i made SD for NAND install. Progress stop at 1/3, device reboot and start over. I am wondering if there are the same sha1_check like the last S805 image?

Yes. Thanks for pointing this out, I may also want to change this for S905. On the other hand, I still recommend using SD card first and I'm wondering whether I should drop NAND installation ZIP completely.

• On the other hand, I still recommend using SD card first and I'm wondering whether I should drop NAND installation ZIP completely.

I'm a fan of that idea.
    Working SD Card Install is mandatory for me on any box. Followed by SSH installtointernal has worked 100% on 4 different s905's

• I have mxq pro 4k and mx905 4k. On both SD install working and both failed to boot after installtointernal. Personally I prefer LE on nand, but creating sd for nand install is too complicated for s905.

• I have mxq pro 4k and mx905 4k. On both SD install working and both failed to boot after installtointernal. Personally I prefer LE on nand, but creating sd for nand install is too complicated for s905.

Actually this is a thread for S805 builds and not S905... have you tried running the command for the second time after a failed boot?

• You might want to elaborate what "without success means" ?
    Did your box explode or maybe catch fire ?
    I am putting humour into this as i think you must understand we cannot read between lines.
    I don't like your chances of the tuner working in LE but a little more info would be good. :)

Eheheh.. ok details:

1- Using toothpick only shows the recovery menu and never boots from SD.
    2- Learning from the Vtimod openelec image I found out for booting from SD without the toothpick I have to put on the boot partion an empty file called unlock_autoscript.
    Using this method I got a black screen and never shows the recovery menu, so it never boots and I tested with all the s805 versions for SD here.
    3- I can boot from SD the Vtimod openelec image and after I can connect trought SSH so I can see all the files so I asked also like this if it is possible to upgrade/move from Openelec to Libreelec just putting there the right Libreelec files (don't know if all the files I can see are in writable areas?!?!?).

• Eheheh.. ok details:

1- Using toothpick only shows the recovery menu and never boots from SD.
    2- Learning from the Vtimod openelec image I found out for booting from SD without the toothpick I have to put on the boot partion an empty file called unlock_autoscript.
    Using this method I got a black screen and never shows the recovery menu, so it never boots and I tested with all the s805 versions for SD here.
    3- I can boot from SD the Vtimod openelec image and after I can connect trought SSH so I can see all the files so I asked also like this if it is possible to upgrade/move from Openelec to Libreelec just putting there the right Libreelec files (don't know if all the files I can see are in writable areas?!?!?).

copy "aml_autoscript" from Vtimod to libreelec card

• @all I would like to publish one more update for S805 before switching to Krypton development. As there is one change that requires long-run testing (by that I mean watch a few films) and I'm unable to do this I need to request you to test a development build and report.

Here is the build: 2016-10-11-devel

Notes:

• You can update by simply putting img.gz file in Update folder.
    • MK808B+ users should switch to MXQ build. These devices share firmware from the manufacturer, I think it's high time we do the same.
    • If at any moment you wanted to switch back to 7.0.2.5 or any earlier build, you can do this by simply downloading it to Update folder. No data wipe needed.

• @all I would like to publish one more update for S805 before switching to Krypton development.

LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0-devel-201610120705..>

Updated to above version and lost "Turn On" box via remote.
    Went back to .005 and "Turn On" via remote worked.
    All Black MXQ (This particular box always worked on the HD18Q Versions as opposed to another All Black MXQ which works with the MXQ Arm versions.)

• minimoe Please collect the logs according to the sticky thread: LibreELEC Kodi logs alone tell me nothing about your hardware.

OK, let's try once more :)

Again, I installed the latest OE for the MXQ and the MCE remote worked when connected to the OTG port.
    After upgrading to LE, the remote stopped working.

Thank you for your help and patience.

• LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0-devel-201610120705..>

Updated to above version and lost "Turn On" box via remote.
    Went back to .005 and "Turn On" via remote worked.
    All Black MXQ (This particular box always worked on the HD18Q Versions as opposed to another All Black MXQ which works with the MXQ Arm versions.)

The development version has an option to configure Power button behaviour in Kodi menu (Settings -> System -> Power saving). You probably want to set it to "Suspend" as some boxes have trouble waking up by remote control from "Power off".