[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hello.

I've been using OE on a Beelink MXQ for more than a year without any issues. Now, I want to switch to LE.

The problem: I tried a SD installation and I found that LE does not recognize my MCE remote. It has its own IR receiver and it works "out f the box" with OE.
    Is there anything I can do? I really don't want to use LE with the MXQ's basic remote (I mean, who in their right mind makes a media player remote without play\pause\stop buttons? )

Thanks for your help and the great work you're doing.

• minimoe Which version of OE were you using before? Can you post a log from both OE (if you still have a backup) and LE? In my LE builds I switched media drivers are built from media_build sources and maybe there's something missing.

• I found that LE does not recognize my MCE remote. It has its own IR receiver and it works "out f the box" with OE.

I believe you must have a USB port not working that the ir receiver is plugged into.
    Swap it around and see what happens. I'm not sure what MCE remote is but the remotes with receivers usually
    learn when plugged into a WORKING usb port.
    Sorry that is all i can help with at this stage.

• Coincidentally! :shy: I was doing this Saturday evening and had the same issues. I went a different route and installed 7.0.2.1 and then applied the 7.0.2.5 update to get it working.

Also worth noting here that I kept a backup of my custom remote-control settings and simply copied the files into the relevant folder via Samba once I had the install sorted. Worked fine.

Why did I do a clean install? Just wanted to make sure I didn't have loads of crap slowing my box up! I now only have 2, legal, addons and doubt I'll be adding anymore.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 10, 2016 at 8:29 AM).

• Why did I do a clean install?

Good to hear from you again PatrickJB
    I did the clean Android Install and Clean LE because of the Blue Light "ON" all the time.

I now have Suspend with remote. Blue Light Comes On.
    Turn back on from Suspend . Red Light Comes On.
    Suits me.

I couldn't remember what the hell I had on this box as far as Boot Loader and U-Boot .

Flashed so many roms on this box.

Anyway , Good to get this out as i'm sure it is going to come up again.

• Good to hear from you again PatrickJB
    I did the clean Android Install and Clean LE because of the Blue Light "ON" all the time.

I now have Suspend with remote. Blue Light Comes On.
    Turn back on from Suspend . Red Light Comes On.
    Suits me.

I couldn't remember what the hell I had on this box as far as Boot Loader and U-Boot .

Flashed so many roms on this box.

Anyway , Good to get this out as i'm sure it is going to come up again.

My LED has always acted that way, but I have a sticky over the LED so I can hardly see it, just too bright in a dark room.

I shudder thinking about the old days of the S805 builds!! I figure that's why I'm sitting back on the S905 builds, well and I'm a bit thick, err and I don't have a box!! :D

Once I get my finances sorted, probably next year, I'll grab an S905 and join the party.

• Once I get my finances sorted, probably next year, I'll grab an S905 and join the party.

If you want my opinion... if you don't use 4K, there is no reason to buy S905. Actually I consider S805 builds to be more stable and mature than S905 - also due to more mature yet older kernel - and this is why I don't replace my parents' and home S805 box with S905. There will be at least one small LE 7.0 update for S805 and when I start working on Krypton, S805 and S905 will be developed in parallel.

• If you want my opinion... if you don't use 4K, there is no reason to buy S905. Actually I consider S805 builds to be more stable and mature than S905 - also due to more mature yet older kernel - and this is why I don't replace my parents' and home S805 box with S905. There will be at least one small LE 7.0 update for S805 and when I start working on Krypton, S805 and S905 will be developed in parallel.

Good to know. :cool:

Not sure if I like the new Krypton skin/GUI but if there are playback improvements then I'll certainly update. Does anybody know if the Confluence skin will still be available for Krypton? I like it's simplicity.
    [hr]

We all remember the old days and trust in what Master Jedy Kszaq said, Mxq S85 and Mk808b + will come back! Yeahhh!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

They're both great as home servers. I often think about buying a third one (MXQ) and sitting it on a shelf somewhere with a couple of drives plugged in and forgetting about it!

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 10, 2016 at 10:03 AM).

• Not sure if I like the new Krypton skin/GUI but if there are playback improvements then I'll certainly update. Does anybody know if the Confluence skin will still be available for Krypton? I like it's simplicity.

There were some playback issues after video refactoring in Krypton but thanks to Codesnake's efforts it's improving. At this point I can't say whether it's better or worse than Jarvis as haven't used Krypton much. And yes, Confluence is available as an add-on for Krypton.

They're both great as home servers. I often think about buying a third one (MXQ) and sitting it on a shelf somewhere with a couple of drives plugged in and forgetting about it!

For a home server maybe you should consider buying an Odroid? They are only a bit more expensive than Chinese boxes yet much more flexible OS-wise and with great manufacturer and community support.

• There were some playback issues after video refactoring in Krypton but thanks to Codesnake's efforts it's improving. At this point I can't say whether it's better or worse than Jarvis as haven't used Krypton much. And yes, Confluence is available as an add-on for Krypton.

For a home server maybe you should consider buying an Odroid? They are only a bit more expensive than Chinese boxes yet much more flexible OS-wise and with great manufacturer and community support.

So at this stage it looks likely that Krypton will run fine on the 805 chipsets? Kodi 17 won't be the kryptonite for these boxes? [emoji23]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks for the responses guys.

minimoe Which version of OE were you using before? Can you post a log from both OE (if you still have a backup) and LE? In my LE builds I switched media drivers are built from media_build sources and maybe there's something missing.

OE is version 6.95.3.1 7.0 and LE is the latest from the LE release thread. I'll post the logs tomorrow.

I believe you must have a USB port not working that the ir receiver is plugged into.
    Swap it around and see what happens. I'm not sure what MCE remote is but the remotes with receivers usually
    learn when plugged into a WORKING usb port.
    Sorry that is all i can help with at this stage.

My remote is Microsoft's MCE Remote (the one with the teletext buttons). I tried to plug the eHome receiver into both the USB and the microUSB ports but no luck.
    It works with Openelec when I plug it into the microUSB port using an OTG cable and it worked with OE on my old HTPC.

• minimoe Which version of OE were you using before? Can you post a log from both OE (if you still have a backup) and LE? In my LE builds I switched media drivers are built from media_build sources and maybe there's something missing.

Here are the logs. I hope you can find a way to use my Microsoft remote with LE

First, I made a new LE SD installation. The remote does not work Log

Then I installed OE. The remote works reliably when connected to the OTG port but it does not work all the time when connected to any other port. Log

Finally, I upgraded the OE installation to LE using LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.5.tar. The update went fine but I lost the remote again. Log

OE and LE see the eHome receiver as "Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver".

Everything else (CEC, power LED, original remote) work fine with both elec's.

• Hello,

I also have an MCE remote, and tried it with the wetek hub running your latest devel version. Works fine out of the box, all keys mapped properly.

lsusb

Code
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0471:0613 Philips (or NXP) Infrared Transceiver
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

(note the different device ID compared to the other user)

dmesg after pulling and re-inserting dongle

lsmod with dongle inserted:

[hr]
    Hallo,

even my old X10 remote works out of the box...

Edited once, last by mmpp (October 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM).