[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi there,

Thanks for a great build. I have it up and running on a MXQ M12 S805 box and am really happy with it.

The only thing is, it seems that only one of the USB ports now works. Is there a fix for this>

Regards.

• Okay so ive bricked my MXQ M12 S805 box. I went from the MXQ to the HD18Q build. All I got was the dead Android robot. I tried getting back to Android with the files downloaded from chinagadgets but that didnt work.

I now have a black screen. My TV label does keep flashing up saying 1080p so I think there is still hope.

I hope you can help me get it back.

cheers.

• You should be able to boot into recovery by putting recovery.img from Android firmware on SD card and using toothpick method. Then you can flash original Android firmware.

You should also test any build you want to flash to internal memory by running it from SD card first.

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 5, 2016 at 6:51 PM).

• You should be able to boot into recovery by putting recovery.img from Android firmware on SD card and using toothpick method. Then you can flash original Android firmware.

You should also test any build you want to flash to internal memory by running it from SD card first.

So I need 2 SD CARDS? One with the recovery image and one with the update?

I've done this lots just not sure of the lost of files that needs to be on there.

Thanks.
    [hr]
    I have this list which I put on the SD CARD first and it didn't work.

M12-ota-20150623.zip
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param.aml
    recovery.img
    u-boot.bin

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 5, 2016 at 8:21 PM).

• kodiuser1 You need to describe what exactly happens on your side, simple "it did not work" leaves a lot to be read from a crystal ball.

Which build did you flash? One of 7.0.2.x? If yes, you should be able to boot to recovery simply by pressing reset button (toothpick method) with no SD card in your box. You can then insert SD card and re-flash Android.

• Okay. Currently I have a black screen.
    Originally I flashed on MXQ 7.0.2.5. I then tried to flash on HD18Q over the top and it didn't like it.
    After that I tried a Android reflash files from china gadgets.
    Currently I have a black screen and am not sure off the next step.

Hope this helps.
    [hr]
    So with the recovery.img on a sd card I can get to the dead robot screen.
    What should I do next?
    [hr]
    So i get this image image1.jpeg?dl=1 after udating to Android firmware on reboot it still black screen. No MXQ logo or anything.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 5, 2016 at 11:46 PM).

• I know this is in the wrong thread but I was wanting some advice on a new box?
    Will LibreELEC run on this ?

SPECIFICATIONS
    HARDWARE
    Processor: Quad-Core Cortex A53 S905 Processor
    GPU: Penta Core Mali-450 GPU
    Memory: 2GB DDR3
    Flash Memory: 8GB

• The Hardware you quote is known to work.
    But these boxes are not all the same as far as boards, internal memory, heat sinks, etc and Android software.
    You will find some of these branded boxes have issues trying to flash LE so take what you want from that.
    See the ones with branding names that other members have successfully run LE and you are good to go.

Signature shows my box fits into the specs you're after but there are others.

• The Hardware you quote is known to work.
    But these boxes are not all the same as far as boards, internal memory, heat sinks, etc and Android software.
    You will find some of these branded boxes have issues trying to flash LE so take what you want from that.
    See the ones with branding names that other members have successfully run LE and you are good to go.

Signature shows my box fits into the specs you're after but there are others.

The box I was going with was a VONTAR T95. Is this known to work well?

• The box I was going with was a VONTAR T95. Is this known to work well?

No idea. I don't have this box.
    I know the LED Display will give you issues in LE. I don't believe it will work.
    The OTG Port may or may not work as the device trees currently available are 1 gigabit ethernet.
    I don't know if recovery booting from SD card LE will give problems depending on the Android firmware.
    This metal case is used in many of these Chinese boxes but what's inside is a lottery.

• Hi Fellow s805 Flashers.

I am just posting an issue that may or may not be known as i haven't had to do a fresh install NAND on my
    MXQ.arm 7.0.2.5 from Nand on All Alack MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825 for a long while.

I Downloaded zip file from NAND release folder.
    Unpacked downloaded file to a FAT32-formatted SD card - there were 3 files as a result:
    aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and a zip file with an update.
    Tried to Install ROM using "toothpick" method. FAILED to boot into LE. It booted to Android.
    Tried 4 times with same result. I tried the Update App in Android but same thing.
    I then took out the SD Card and tried to boot into recovery but no go. Just booted into Android.

I then added the factory recovery image to the LE sd card files to make it 4 files and Toothpicked.

The Android Robot appeared and started installing. The box rebooted with a fresh NAND LE .

Just putting it out there as this never was the case with this box previously way back.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 10, 2016 at 6:13 AM).