FiveNinjas Slice LibreELEC preview build

• MikeBuzz You can also test with the builds I've posted to the team in Slack. Things look good to me, but I don't use the lirc function.

I will test those tonight once home, i build the master last night which included the patch Milhouse mentioned above and it seems the lirc is functioning, but as per the older build, with the patch the right direction key works only once, after that it will no longer respond to right presses, but all other directions work fine, rebooting that same happens every time, rolled back to 7.90.008 and all works as it should also 009 does not show any issue

will report back once tested your build

• My CM3s turned up today, but they are not CM3s, they are LITEs <big sigh>

I guess the testing is delayed somewhat.... unless booting from HDD is easy to do....

:@
    Roger

• Hi Roger,

i am guessing that to boot from the HDD will be much the same as setting up the RPI3 to boot from USB, we will need the latest firmware from the NEXT branch and program the OTP, once done, prep the HDD and good to go. Hope my CM3L has been delivered so then i can test this tonight.

• Is that what you ordered, or a shipping mistake

it is their error, I checked three times before I placed the order that I had the right number.

They will not have stock until early Feb. They checked the parts bin and the lites they have are lites. Just the CM3 bin was populated with lites!

I am returning them and have ordered some from RS which should arrive tomorrow.... and I checked the part number several times!

Roger

• Installed my CM3 last night and after a bit of faffing managed to get the image installed on the eMMC.

All is working great.

One quick question.... The image I installed was from back in October (downloaded from Index of /slice/) and I see on this thread lots of talk about installing later updates. I had a quick play last night but couldn;t work out how to get Kodi/LibreElec to update via the GUI (it was late). What do I need to do to get all of the latest updates....

Thanks for all the work on this.

• Installed my CM3 last night and after a bit of faffing managed to get the image installed on the eMMC.

All is working great.

One quick question.... The image I installed was from back in October (downloaded from Index of /slice/) and I see on this thread lots of talk about installing later updates. I had a quick play last night but couldn;t work out how to get Kodi/LibreElec to update via the GUI (it was late). What do I need to do to get all of the latest updates....

Thanks for all the work on this.

Go to the librelec settings and to the update part and select the 8.0 channel and you should see the new update

How did you btw flash the image to the CM3 emmc?

• I don't see any updates either, but I think this is because of the way this image is built (but I could be wrong).
    I also followed those instructions to flash the CM3 eMMC with no problems, albeit from Linux rather than Windows. I used a Compute Module IO board, but I understand that if you power the Slice from the usual DC jack before connecting it to your computer via USB, then the Slice itself allows you to update the eMMC in the same way. But I haven't actually tried it that way - I'll try the next update that way.

• I don't see any updates either, but I think this is because of the way this image is built (but I could be wrong).
    I also followed those instructions to flash the CM3 eMMC with no problems, albeit from Linux rather than Windows. I used a Compute Module IO board, but I understand that if you power the Slice from the usual DC jack before connecting it to your computer via USB, then the Slice itself allows you to update the eMMC in the same way. But I haven't actually tried it that way - I'll try the next update that way.

Might also be that the CM3 version is not in release state so the updater doesn't find it. It found the newest 95.1 beta for the original CM1 slice yesterday when I did the upgrade through the GUI.

Seems I need to start reading as my CM3 should arrive this week. Only have OSX laptop at home and no IO board but as you said it should be able to flash by using the Slice connected to power and USB.

So first I would need to flash the emmc and after that is done, I can flash the LibreElec to it?