FiveNinjas Slice LibreELEC preview build

• wow , just seen these slice online nice port , quick question see the LED round the slice could boblight be utilized to control those LED'S
    and are slice wall mountable ? or bracket avail to be able mount & disconnect from mount when goin to travel ?

• wow , just seen these slice online nice port , quick question see the LED round the slice could boblight be utilized to control those LED'S
    and are slice wall mountable ? or bracket avail to be able mount & disconnect from mount when goin to travel ?

You can use a special version of Hyperion, but it doesn't make too much sense.

No they aren't wall mountable and they don't have vesa mounts.

• v7.90.009 is released.

hi chewitt

I think I may have managed to break this build. (that is what beta testing is for :D )

Envionment is Slice running build .009 NTFS HDD WD Blue 1TB keyboard and mouse USB attached
    Music Library has about 715 items, alll FLAC from CDs which equates to 10757 tracks.

The same fault exists in build .008 as I retested there too.

I can crash this build every time if I do the following

1) select CD to play (plays as expected)
    2) save playlist from blade works fine and carries on playing

2) select CD to queue
    3) save playlist from blade works fine and carries on playing

2) select CD to queue
    3) select CD to queue
    4) save playlist from blade, after entering name to save and 'OK' music still playing
    then pop up window appears "Scanning media info" and then disappears and a few
    seconds later: Slice reboots.

Playlists are saved correctly.

Alternate failure scenario:
    Go to music/playlists screen and select a playlist to play:
    Load playlists (created as above) 1,2,3,4 and 5 CDs in a playlist work fine and can select playlist from blade OK
    Load a playlist with 6 CDs (113 items in list), plays fine but when select playlist in blade I see the "scanning meda info" popup and it reboots.

Happy to provide more testing as needed

Roger

• Same issue, another way to trigger:

From the playlist blade with a long-ish playlist select "shuffle" the "Scanning media info" popup pops up, goes away then Slice reboots

Roger

• In case anyone wonders why there is no 7.90.010 build for Slice yet .. I have a cmake build issue with Kodi when patching support for the LED driver, and due to me being on the wrong continent doing family stuff for Christmas I don't have lots of time to spend looking at it.

chewitt
    Family is way more important than .010 build issues (and my issue mentioned above), enjoy the break. I am sure folks will agree. BTW which continent are you on? Idle curiosity makes me wonder which one is wrong :D . If you are anywhere hot and sunny, maybe you need a re-think, (hot + sunny) != wrong :cool: Here on the south coast of England it is blustery and wet at present.

Seasons Greetings
    Roger

• Currently on the US east coast, which is freezing cold and 14-hour's plane ride from the warm and sunny destination I normally live in :)

I stand corrected :( you are correct, most definitely the wrong continent (well, the bit you are in) climate wise at present.

• On my Slice , I have installed LibreElec with the .tar file that chewitt provided on LibreElec version 7.90.009 and when i tried to change the skin from estuary to something else , I clicked Get More but nothing happened which I found very strange it just pulled back out of the options , so can someone tell me how I can fix this or if this is a beta issue right now and will be fixed in the next beta release.

Thank you
    [hr]
    Also when I scrape Movies and TV Shows, The Title of the film gets changed to ▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯ depending on how many letters there are in the film . For example if the films name was Home Alone , it would show up as ▯▯▯▯ ▯▯▯▯▯ and there would be a movie poster so how can this issue be resolved . Also I am Eagerly waiting for the 7.90.010 build which I hope is going to be great as i admire chewitts work but enjoy the holiday season and please try and get to me if you are not busy

Thank You

Edited once, last by csp1910 (December 28, 2016 at 7:12 PM).

• Has the update on 7.90.010 build been released for the slice yet? also I wanted to know if you guys are going to include Kodi 17 RC 1 in the build because it was released a couple of hours ago.

Thank You

• That'll be great ! Just to make the problem that I'm having clearer to understand, I wanted to state it in an uncomplicated way. So when I go into interface settings and click skin, the only skin I see is estuary and when I click get more , it just comes out of the skin menu . Also I have the same issue with addons so when I went to media, manage sources , videos , movies , set content , choose innformation provider and when I clicked get more it just backed out of the movie information window which meant I could get the universal movie scraper which I find to be better than TMDB

Thank You

• So can you please help me with this issue when you are available as kodi won't let me install any add on from install from zip file or any other way and I really wanted to use the universal movie scraper but it won't let me . If you know how to fix this issue , please help me

Thank You