VNC Add-on

• dmnc If you're using an Intel GPU device you will need to enable DRI3 via xorg.conf to avoid the graphical issues. It's not possible for us to set that by default as it screws things up for too many people (not a large audience, but a lot more than a handful).

• Hi Thanks a lot for this addon.
    I'm trying to have a VNC connection between ODROID C2 and MAC OS - IOS - ANDROID - WINDOWS - LINUX
    I can't move forward if I can't use VNC at 100%.
    Installation is fast. Connection wonderful! But when I press enter on one video addon to play the video on the server side ( on the machine ) I don't have problem showing the video playing but on my client side a BLACKSCREEN is showing and I can't see nothing and also I can't press any button from the keyboard and only ENTER is working.
    If I stop the playing video I can come back to the GUI of KODI and remote everything perfectly again.
    I really really need help, please.
    I was trying with Dietpi Kodi - Hardkernel Ubuntu KODI and now with librelec without success.
    I would like to know if it is only my problem, please.
    Have a nice day and thanks for the reply!

• I found that with VNC set to High Color/16 Bits, it would flicked continuously.
    With VNC set to True Color/24 Bits the interface only flickers when something changes, so it's useable.

• I found that with VNC set to High Color/16 Bits, it would flicked continuously.
    With VNC set to True Color/24 Bits the interface only flickers when something changes, so it's useable.

I think the reason for this is that on True Color in your setup, the refresh rate is reduced. And therefore, the flicker only seems to happen when you change something.

In my setup, the flickering and screen tearing happens regardless of color depth. Just that at higher color depths, the refresh is lower, and it seems like it flickers less. Changing to "modesetting" solves it on my Haswell setup, but causes other video problems. So I'm stuck till the driver gets fixed.

• escalade I recently just updated to LE 9.2.6 from 8.2.5, and the problem with VNC (using TigerVNC) problem persists. Using xorg.conf with the following solves it on my Haswell, but creates other problems.

Code
    Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Intel Graphics" 
      Driver      "modesetting" 
      Option      "DRI"    "3"  
    EndSection

Is there a build of 9.x with an updated Intel graphics driver that solves this problem with VNC?