What set up is everyone using? Blown away by possibilities.

• Hi,

Bit of background first.

I have been running Argus TV on a headless Windows-based server for years.

It has two DVB tuners (a dual DVB-T tuner and a single DVB-S2 tuner). I record to three hard drives, that have been drivepooled as one and buffer live TV to a RAM Disk (using 8GB of the total 12GB for this).

I use three RPis, running Librelec, to watch all my TV.

I was looking to update my setup a bit and my mind has been absolutely blown.

I had no idea that you don't need to put all your tuner cards in your server anymore (didn't know IPTV Streamers existed) - according to this MOI Pro - AMD you can customise your streamer with whatever TV cards you want.

I also had no idea that you could run an entire DVB backend on a RPi via TVHeadend either.

I am really excited to have a go at messing around with my setup and a bit and was wondering what other people had up and running.

I am thinking about perhaps having all my tuner cards in an IPTV Streamer box, a Raspberry PI doing the scheduling and a separate server for all my storage. How well do you think this would work in practice?

• I have a Hauppauge HVR-950Q usb tuner, connected to a pi2 with a powered usb hub, tvheadend server and pvr, with edit4ever's python version of zap2xml for grabbing the epg, and a 120GB Sandisk usb ssd as the system disk and for recording. I absolutely love this thing. Only thing missing, is a built-in browser to configure tvheadend right on the rpi2.

• Right now my set-up look like this.

I've got a RPi 2 in my living room which runs Kodi and TVH connected to a DVB-T and a DVB-T2 USB as well as a custom Zattoo IPTV script to get foreign channels into TVH. Storage for recordings goes to my Mac OS Server via SMB. I do use the same storage for records and time shift though I haven't used time shift much. EPG for the Zattoo IPTV solution is fetched via XMTLTV and for DVB-T via the antenna over the air.

All powered by one USB hub and haven't had any issues so far. Usually there are two clients connected + occasional recordings.

• Just joined this forum to gain some more knowledge, but at the minute my setup is :

Media Server
    An old PC in the attic, with E8800 cpu, 8gb ram, 2x3tb HDD, 2x dual tuner DVB-S2 cards, running Openelec and TVH backend.

Clients
    3 x RPii2's on gigabit Lan, various laptops, tablets and phones on WiFi

I am a complete novice at this sort of thing, but have managed to get the above working somehow.

• Just joined this forum to gain some more knowledge, but at the minute my setup is :

Media Server
    An old PC in the attic, with E8800 cpu, 8gb ram, 2x3tb HDD, 2x dual tuner DVB-S2 cards, running Openelec and TVH backend.

Clients
    3 x RPii2's on gigabit Lan, various laptops, tablets and phones on WiFi

I am a complete novice at this sort of thing, but have managed to get the above working somehow.

wow, outstanding setup...
    do you use also m3u playlists or just DVB ?

--
    Reddai