Rpi3 low audio via analogue output

• You do autostart scripting to make your case work, right? If my guisettings.xml don't work, deactivate the autostart scripting for a test run.

I don't use that script any more.

It didn't always work, it was intermittent in regards to the power led not always working as it should.

I wrote my own script for more normal behaviour.

I use gpiozero from the raspberry pi tools from the le repository.

But I do have to still add a line to the autostart.sh to run the python script.

Ill give this a try when I have some free time tomorrow.

Thanks

• Tried your guisettings.xml and it's exactly the same, still low audio via analogue unfortunately.

OK. Next theory: The analogue audio hardware has been damaged, and your other OS compensates it by doing extra amplification.

To give you a more practical advice: You could buy an HDMI audio extractor.

Benefits:

• They are cheaper than a special RPi audio DAC (HiFiBerry).
    • They work with other devices, too.
    • Other output formats (SPDIF) are possible.
  • I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately I don't have this problem on osmc either.

I've just put osmc on a spare SD card added my library from my samba share and the audio has not got low volume over analogue.

Now as a long time user of LibreELEC and having tried osmc when I first started out using the pi's I much preferred LibreELEC as osmc use to crash alot with a sad face on the screen.

I would much prefer to get to the bottom of this using LibreELEC.

I have put my LibreELEC sd card into a pi 2 which I have from another project I made, powered it on and tried that, the audio is also low volume over analogue using the pi 2 so I very much doubt any hardware is broke.

2 other os's don't have this problem on my pi3

The SD card with LibreELEC also produces low volume on a pi2

This evidence all suggest LibreELEC is the one that is causing this problem.

My last resort is to try a fresh install of LibreELEC just incase any settings have been changed that have caused this.

That is the last thing I can try.

Thanks

• Yes, that's my final thought, too. During the updates an analogue setting maybe got lost. Analogue output is not a very popular feature.

I use analogue output a lot connected to an old Dvd Surround Sound System and audio is normal as when playing dvd's..

I always leave the audio setting ON to both analogue and hdmi audio...then when I need to use the speakers just mute the TV.

• I use analogue output a lot connected to an old Dvd Surround Sound System and audio is normal as when playing dvd's..

I always leave the audio setting ON to both analogue and hdmi audio...then when I need to use the speakers just mute the TV.

My RPi analogue audio has normal volume, too. It seems like only robmcc83 has such a problem.

• It's strange that no others have complained about this issue. You can't be the only one using analog output on a Pi 2/3

I actually used Kodi on Raspbian and the very same Pi3 before and audio levels were OK. But not on fresh install of LibreELEC.

I'm fresh user and I like LibreELEC and how it smoothly make KODI working.

But I had the similar audio level issue, however, not over Analogue but via HDMI output.
    I have Pi3 connected via HDMI cable to my old TV, where I use remote and drive volume over CEC.
    But even with TV turned to 100% volume it was barely audible.

LibreELEC version: LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6 (RPi2.arm)
    Uname -a: Linux PiKo3 4.19.127 #1 SMP Sun Oct 25 08:49:28 EDT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

This forum pointed me in right direction.
    Pottered around xml files a bit looking for some volume level controls .. # grep volume `find /storage/ -name *.xml`

I did those changes in /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml which normalized volume over HDMI:
    (I'm not quite sure at the moment which one was crucial, mentioned are new levels)

<setting id="audiooutput.channels" default="true">2</setting>

<audio>

<mute>false</mute>

<fvolumelevel>1.0</fvolumelevel>

<defaultvideosettings>

<volumeamplification>1.000000</volumeamplification>

Hope that this will help others.