Common DVB-T DVB-S dvb-c topic

• In kernel is no support for ATSC:
    I am using alex kernel from LE 7.0.2.003. Sources for K1 Plus dbv_tv modules are not public.

Thanks for the heads up on that before I started digging. I have a firmware from my vendor for testing ATSC - I'll see if I can pull the drivers I need from there.

Instead of nvram.txt I used nvram_bcm4335.txt and fw_bcm4335b0_ag.bin and it works. In new kernel (since 7.0.2.005) this issue disappears. I will implement it in new build.

Thanks for including in the next build!

FYI - My test version of the new KII Pro has a gigabit ethernet. I was able to change the dtb to reference the rgmii in the ethernet section and that worked...but I think I have to wait for your 005 for my wifi to work??

Edited once, last by edit4ever (October 4, 2016 at 1:09 AM).

• LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.img - SDcard KII Pro version with fixed wifi adapter. I tested it only with KIII.

Works great on my KII Pro with dual band wifi and gigabit ethernet. Deleted the dtb.img file and just let it use the one installed in nvram and seemed to work. In order to test the k2pro.dtb, I'll have to edit the ethernet to rgmii as I have a gigabit wifi chip. I'll make the change and see if it impacts the wifi.

Thanks for your efforts! Now on to my ATSC challenge...hopefully I'll be able to provide some movement there.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (October 4, 2016 at 4:55 AM).

• LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.img - SDcard KII Pro version with fixed wifi adapter. I tested it only with KIII.

Thanks for your work.

I tried this image with stock dtb.img. It boots successfully with wifi support.

But bluetooth is not detected though.

As for internal tuner, I can see and scan dvb-t2 on tvheadend backend. (Actually scanning will fail, but I copy config files from other system and then go to enable kii's dvb-t2 tuner via web interface, so that all tv channels appear as it should.)

But the problem is the video stream got distorted almost all the time. It likes when you get weak signal. This never happen with other tvheadend backen system that I have in the same room.

Is it just me or anyone else has problem like this too?

• LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.img - SDcard version update of alex's KI Plus 7.0.2.003 with the latest fixies:
    - Multichannel PCM;
    - fix for aspect ratio SD and HD-lite;
    - multiboot support;
    - wifi driver for AP6335 (KII Pro);

It should be possible run on KII Pro, it is necessary replace dtb.img with k2pro.dtb(I never tested it, pls let me know).

Thank you very match, this works great in my K1 plus (I use it with the latest tvheadend compiled from git).
    What do you mean by "multiboot support" please ? we can put a menu to choise between internal Android and LE from SD ?

• Thank you very match, this works great in my K1 plus (I use it with the latest tvheadend compiled from git).
    What do you mean by "multiboot support" please ? we can put a menu to choise between internal Android and LE from SD ?

actually, there is option to reboot from nand android from LE sdcard. thanks

• Thank you very match, this works great in my K1 plus (I use it with the latest tvheadend compiled from git).

Multiboot means the power button has menu with 'Reboot' and 'Reboot from NAND'.
    [hr]

In my box signal strength is 72%-74% and SNR 68%-70% depends on transponder. Both levels are in green (GOOD).
    Signal level u can check by pressing mouse button on RC.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM).

• What I meant is that I'm sure that there is no problem with signal strength but the picture still get distorted as if not receiving a good signal.

Edited once, last by pawnthep (October 4, 2016 at 2:59 PM).

• What I meant is that I'm sure that there is no problem with signal strength but the picture still get distorted as if not receiving a good signal.

Have u tried movie playback? Is in android TV running without issue?

But bluetooth is not detected though.

To allow internal BT is necessary to compile kernel, support depends on build-in module. But u can use USB dongle.

Edited once, last by afl1 (October 5, 2016 at 9:59 AM).

• If I have ATSC running under an android build...is there a place I can find the driver/firmware files I need to bring to the LE build?

Also - since I believe the core of my dual ATSC tuner is using the same hardware as the single ATSC tuner in the older K1 Plus...I'm hoping I can build off of that. It is using the Panasonic MN88436 which is the same that is in the wetek. Those firmware files are the same as this:

meta-amlogic/recipes-kernel/linux-firmware/firmware-dvb at master · linux-meson/meta-amlogic · GitHub

I'll start with copying over these files and see where I can go from there.

• Have u try movie playback? Is in android TV running without issue?

To allow internal BT is necessary to compile kernel, support depends on build-in module. But u can use USB dongle.

Video/Movie playback was ok, actually it's very great.

So I just reinstalled and set up LibreELEC and tvheadend backend again. Now the distorted picture issue almost gone. But still getting sometime.

I think maybe the tuner is prone to get interference easily somehow.
    But now it's usable.

Thanks for your build. :)
    Hope this working internal tuner and wifi driver will be merged into kszaq's build soon. :shy:

Edited: Now it seems my distorted picture issue in live tv is completely gone. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I just did enable "power save" and "Low noise amplifier" in web interface and then the problem is gone.

Edited once, last by pawnthep (October 5, 2016 at 5:55 AM).

• I test tvheadend backend. Using webif to setup diseqc 1.0 for internal tuner dvbs2 (measat ku and c satellites). Scanning successful and all maxs, transponders and channels listed. The encryprted channel successfully opened by using OSCAM-cccam addons.

• Thank you, brother, for the wonderful work
    After the workout LibreELEC, K II pro

wifi .... OK
    tuner dvbs2 ..... Ok
    VDR .... OK

It is experimentation
    We suffer from the weight of the move between channels
    OSCAM does not work

• FYI - My test version of the new KII Pro has a gigabit ethernet. I was able to change the dtb to reference the rgmii in the ethernet section and that worked...but I think I have to wait for your 005 for my wifi to work??

Is it possible to buy the KII Pro with gigabit? I think that this is the best solution for what I want but I would miss a gigabit port...