Common DVB-T DVB-S dvb-c topic

• Hi qashaf,
    I would like to try K2ProRC7.img on my Qbox (amlogic 905 2/16GB) in order to get my USB dvb-s2 tuners working.
    Should I be able to use this image on my device without bricking it?
    regards,
    Jefken.

actually k2prorc7.img was modified from k1plus vitmos rc5 . these both boxes same architecture n input output port. I think it is not compatible with other box.
    [hr]

Hello, have You tried to put OScam from kzsaq's builds LibreELEC?
    I 've copied one for You.
    ftp to Your image, generally You have to put it in /usr/bin, don't know for sure how it is for Openpli on Amlogic.
    chmod 755, config goes to /usr/keys/oscam.

MEGA

regards, Jefken.

here is oscam from wetek play2 openatv5.3
    Version: oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r0
    Compiler: aarch64-linux-gnu
    Box type: wetekplay2 (generic)

MEGA

Edited once, last by qashaf (December 18, 2016 at 4:58 PM).

• O.k., later this week my ODroid-C2 should be delivered.
    Here in Germany I need DVB-T2 USB sticks working with LibreELEC 7.9 on the Odroid.
    There are sticks available around $80. A bit pricey since I need three of then. BTW are there any problems connecting more than one DVB-T2 stick?

• Here in Germany I need DVB-T2 USB sticks working with LibreELEC 7.9 on the Odroid.
    There are sticks available around $80. A bit pricey since I need three of then. BTW are there any problems connecting more than one DVB-T2 stick?

Use cheap rtl2832u+r820t2 sdr, they are working very well and are available on aliexpress for 7$.

• At first, thank you all for your work.
    K1 Plus Combo
    +LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.4.img
    +service.tvheadend42-7.0.107
    Using DVB-S2 internal tuner.

Quite impressed about stability with this combination, but I cannot figure out a balance of stream buffering and zapping speed.
    I have read many suggestions about advancedsettings.xml, and I believe that mine is definitely odd.

In Playback / Video I have enabled "Sync playback to display" which eliminated any issues during the actual channel playback. But I still have some issues with zapping.
    When channel changes it takes 1-3 seconds I got an still picture and than the buffering starts, after that the video playback starts.
    When compare this to the same stream played by an VLC from the TVH, there is about 5 seconds delay in Kodi. I believe that there has to be an option to just let the stream played without any or at least minimum buffer, but I cannot figure out how. I have tried also VDR and it behaves pretty the same.

• Thank you. Do you have a link to a working device with these chips?

$7 stick from aliexpress don't support DVB-T2, only for DVB-T.
    You can use more USB sticks.
    [hr]

ken you compile last version 7.0.3.11 version 32bits  afl1, im asking because the version that work best for me.

Not yet. My driver for internal tuner is only compatible with kernel used in 7.0.2.004.
    I am still working on new version to be able use the latest kernel.

Edited once, last by afl1 (December 21, 2016 at 10:48 PM).

• $7 stick from aliexpress don't support DVB-T2, only for DVB-T.
    You can use more USB sticks.
    [hr]

Not yet. My driver for internal tuner is only compatible with kernel used in 7.0.2.004.
    I am still working on new version to be able use the latest kernel.

tanks for the grate work

• actually k2prorc7.img was modified from k1plus vitmos rc5 . these both boxes same architecture n input output port. I think it is not compatible with other box.
    [hr]

here is oscam from wetek play2 openatv5.3
    Version: oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r0
    Compiler: aarch64-linux-gnu
    Box type: wetekplay2 (generic)

MEGA
    Sorry, but this oscam also not working -- this error

ERROR: ioctl(CA_SET_DESCR_MODE): Invalid argument
    2016/12/23 10:59:57 3ABD6C87 c (ecm) dvbapiau (0500@040620/289F/6594/55:9943088204C07E6258182760CFCBC144): found (32 ms) by shurik - History HD
    2016/12/23 11:00:00 3ABD6C87 c (dvbapi) ERROR: ioctl(CA_SET_DESCR): Invalid argument

• @zbigzbig20
    Well, as I have written, I'm using 7.0.2.004.4 which is latest Jarvis (Kodi 16.1) based LE with drivers for internal tuner as I believe.
    I have played a little with the advancedsettings.xml. Removed some entries which were wrong as I believe. I picked them up at random forums where people stated that this fixed all of the problems, but obvously not :)
    I have disabled the "Sync playback to display" because it made the video fps to vary a lot. Since than the fps flow is perfectly stable, but made some other random stuttering, 1 per few minutes in average.

Not sure if I should alter cacheindvdplayer. I can't believe that the Kodi TVH client is so troublesome. If I open the stream on Windows machine using VLC (from the tvh UI) the video is 5seconds ahead the Kodi which is on the same machine and never stutter even after tens of minutes of playback, (as far I didn't noticed). Thanks for any hints.

• I'm going to start with August DVB-T210.

Everything is set together: Odroid-C2 with August DVB-T210.

Recording H.265 DVB-T2 channels works.
    But when I want to see live TV kodi stucks at "buffering...".
    If I start recording and watch the stream at once it works.

No problem watching live TV of a DVB-T channel (H.264).

What's wrong here?

• Dear friends

I am have a videostrong KII pro. i am try to use LibreELEC, but inside of my box i am found DVB-T2 receiver different from AVL6862. It is a Sony CXD2872ER. I am try a most of version LibreElec but no one work with mt DVB-T2 receiver. is it possible to add a Sony CXD2872ER support in LibreElec OS? Please Helpp me to have full working LibreElec system.
    Sorry for my english.

• Hi everybody,

Congratulations afl1 for your work!

I've bought recently a K1 Plus box and I'm using your LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.4.img version with DVB-S2 internal tuner + tvheadend 4.2.

All is working fine, I'm using Aeon theme and add some other "usual" addons (I'm a veteran xbmc user :-)) . I'm encountering only two issues.

The remote is not fully working, numbers are not working as expected specially when you are in TV mode (usually kodi switch to the associated channel number). Perhaps I've missed some configuration setting ? Don't know.

The second issue is not related to your build, I think this is a box hardware (and TV related) issue. I'm losing sometimes HDMI signal switching from one mode to another (when kodi switch to full 1080 ?). Unplugging and plugging again hdmi solve the problem but this is annoying.

I've also tried your krypton build, but this is not a stable install for me as a lot of kodi add-ons are not yet fully working in this kodi version.

If I find some time I will perhaps try my own builds :) (I'm a professional developer) but I need to understand all this "stuff" (kernel, librelec, K1 drivers ...)

Edited once, last by rimram31 (December 31, 2016 at 12:43 PM).

• Try the latest Krypton version.
    - RC is fixed;
    - HDMI connection at boot is necessary for correct video setup to avoid video stuttering (at boot is reading HDMI device capability);
    - Libreelec repository is updated to the latest version now;

Edited once, last by afl1 (January 1, 2017 at 11:46 AM).