delayed Autostart Kodi

• HELLO,

i use libreelec for my kodi setup.

i create a epg file and changed the autostart.sh as follow :

Code
    wget http://XXXX:XXXXX@XXXXX/guide-zatoo.xml -O /storage/.kodi/userdata/guide-zatoo.xml

i download a 20MB file for my EPG on autostart, but i had the problem its to slow for the autostart, i tested it with a 9MB file that works great.

Kodi checks on startup is the file "guide-zatoo.xml" available, and the pvr addon use it.

can i make a sleep or wait or something of 10 seconds, that he can download the file and then kodi starts?

THX

• Official Post

You can delay when autostart.sh runs, but you cannot control when it finishes or the sequence with Kodi start.

If you move commands to a systemd .service file in /storage/.config/system.d/ you can control the sequencing, e.g.

I won't guarantee this ^ will work as I'm no systemd expert, but "After=network-online.target nss-lookup.target" ensures the network is up, and then "WantedBy=multi-user.target" ensures it runs before Kodi startup.

• You can delay when autostart.sh runs, but you cannot control when it finishes or the sequence with Kodi start.

If you move commands to a systemd .service file in /storage/.config/system.d/ you can control the sequencing, e.g.

I won't guarantee this ^ will work as I'm no systemd expert, but "After=network-online.target nss-lookup.target" ensures the network is up, and then "WantedBy=multi-user.target" ensures it runs before Kodi startup.

thx for the reply.

is this on only libreelec kompatible?

i want to use this on my firetv too.

there i only can use the autostart file (autoexec.py) of Kodi, is this in the "autoexec.py" compatible?

• Official Post

i want to use this on my firetv too.

there i only can use the autostart file (autoexec.py) of Kodi, is this in the "autoexec.py" compatible?

Try this autostart.sh:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

wget http://XXXX:XXXXX@XXXXX/guide-zatoo.xml -O /storage/.kodi/userdata/guide-zatoo.xml
    systemctl restart kodi

PS: Should be guide-zattoo.xml, maybe spelling error on your code.