Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• @Piet200, I use rufus to write the image, but probably it doesn't matter and you just need to wait a little longer (on the black screen).

@JORGETECH, how did you perform the update - fresh install or on top of your previous working version? I tried the OrangePi Lite2 image from 24.09 and still no luck.

@Gass I tried the Ctrl+Alt+F3 terminal combination that I found on the forums, but it seems it doesn't work. Also I cannot connect via SSH, since the Lite2 has only WiFi. I guess I could TTL but it seems like too much of a hassle for something so small.

EDIT: I was able to update my 05.09 version to 25.09 via this method and the settings are kept, so I guess this is what @JORGETECH was refering to.

• @Piet200, I use rufus to write the image, but probably it doesn't matter and you just need to wait a little longer (on the black screen).

Thanks for the info, but I waited a very long time already (more than 1 hour).

I also tried rufus and installed the image on SD. but also only a black screen (and waited a long time).

Is it sufficient to just insert the sd card and power on the device ?

What else can/should I do ?

• Well, I'm not really familiar with this board and the issues you might have, but let's go over the usual list:

1. How do you connect your device and your display?

2. What's your memory card?

3. Have you had any success running anything else off the memory card?

Thanks for your support, below the answers:

1. Connectivity, included power adapter, Network cable (RJ45) and a HDMI cable

2. Memorycard: Samsung EVO 128 GB (but small partition only after installing image with Rufus)

3. Never tried to install another operating system on the device, But I now the memory card is working well, used before.

I'll see if I have another card to exclude issues with it. But really no idea what I would do wrong.

Update: I changed the sd card and used the one that was in the Beelink for a few years already. No doubt that this one is fine and works well.

Downloaded the latest nightly and installed in on the card with rufus.

Result: exactly the same. black screen and nothing happens, also when waiting for a long time.

I checked some previous posts in this topic and I see someone mentioned exactly the same issue with the Beelink GS1 one year ago. It seems that this stll hasn”t been solved.

See page 19 of this threat.

Edited 3 times, last by Piet200 (September 26, 2020 at 7:09 PM).

• test images A20 9.80-devel

b2ebfdc - hdmi audio don't work

cf93b15 5e00249 c8070d2 67aedc9 70b69eb can't test. All 5 images not run kodi gui. Last log on screen

Reached target Kodi Mediacenter Interface.

kodi.log 0 byte

LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-devel-2f50060 hdmi audio work. Cubieboard2

oops. Looks like i test wrong directions...

A20.arm-9.80-devel-c941cec-cubieboard2.img.gz work

A20.arm-9.80-devel-a02a10d-cubieboard2.img.gz not work

Edited 2 times, last by JohnDoe_71Rus (September 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM).

• Where can i find old builds for Tanix tx6? Latest build have a boot problems on my tx6 mini. After the partition resizing/reboot it stucks on LibreELEC screen. I tryed to change the MicroSD card, same results. Can anyone help me?

Edited 3 times, last by hemeh (October 6, 2020 at 9:36 AM).

• @JORGETECH, how did you perform the update - fresh install or on top of your previous working version? I tried the OrangePi Lite2 image from 24.09 and still no luck.

Hi, sorry for the delay on my answer but I've been very busy. The method you linked is very similar to the one I use to update through nightlies, as of now I didn't have any problems by using that method. I don't even use SSH for performing the update, I just download the latest nightly on another device and access the LibreELEC device though Samba and copy the compressed image to the Update folder, after a reboot the update process begins and deletes the compressed image once it finishes.

On an unrelated note, I want to know if anyone else is having stability issues with the YouTube add-on, it's the one I use most of the time and sometimes it crashes Kodi when I play a video (it's been doing it on all nightlies), and once it crashes it sometimes gets into a loop of Kodi trying to start but crashing before reaching the main screen (the only way out is to power off the device). I'm using MPEG-DASH to select the quality if that's related.

• Hi, sorry for the delay on my answer but I've been very busy. The method you linked is very similar to the one I use to update through nightlies, as of now I didn't have any problems by using that method. I don't even use SSH for performing the update, I just download the latest nightly on another device and access the LibreELEC device though Samba and copy the compressed image to the Update folder, after a reboot the update process begins and deletes the compressed image once it finishes.

On an unrelated note, I want to know if anyone else is having stability issues with the YouTube add-on, it's the one I use most of the time and sometimes it crashes Kodi when I play a video (it's been doing it on all nightlies), and once it crashes it sometimes gets into a loop of Kodi trying to start but crashing before reaching the main screen (the only way out is to power off the device). I'm using MPEG-DASH to select the quality if that's related.

Thank you for your reply!

Now I have a different issue. After updating to versions 05.10 and 06.10 for opiLite2 after a restart the system doesn't go past the boot logo (where it says "LibreELEC(community) nightly-xxxx-xxxx"). At first I thought it was because I simply unplugged the power that the fs got corrupted, but the last time I did everything properly and it still got bricked.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install version 05.09

2. Update to latest nightly

3. Setup the usual things + weather and samba client

4. If it doesn't brick on the next restart it bricks on the one after that.

5. After it gets bricked I can't SSH, probably because the network is not up at this stage

I didn't have this issue before. I will try it without updating from version 05.09.

• I didn't have any problems by using that method

I may have jinxed it by saying that! I upgraded to the latest nightly and now the system gets stuck at "waiting on Network to come online". Is there any way to enable a serial console or log on H6 devices in order to see what is happening? Ok, it was enabled by default.

I managed to get a log, UBoot seems to work fine but the kernel throws a nasty error:

Code
    [    0.173612] sun50i-de2-bus 1000000.bus: Error couldn't map SRAM to device

I don't understand why that's an issue since I am running the correct image for my device (Orange Pi Lite 2 with Allwinner H6), kernel regression?

• Hi I can confirm problem with wifi connection not asking for password and this is what I get in log:

Bluetooth paring is also not working.

Hope this will help.

Edited once, last by th0m4s (October 7, 2020 at 12:56 PM).

• Maybe you are running into the same issue I described in my latest post, do you have the ability to output the log using UART serial?

• jernej I would like to compile the 9.2.4 branch for tx6, wich is the "UBOOT_SYSTEM"? Is it correct "PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H6 tools/download-tool" to download the packages source code?

The compilation stuck on "install u-boot" with "UBOOT_SYSTEM=tanix-tx6" (tested on Debian live and Gentoo).
    Thank you.

Edited 4 times, last by hemeh (October 8, 2020 at 8:00 AM).