[Solved] Can't connect with Simple VNC server (aml-vnc)

• Hmm now I a bit confused. Which software works with the aml-vnc then.
    I thought RealVNC was installed in the clients PC and that was what accessed the local network and media box running LE.

realVNC has two parts. One is a VNCserver and the other a VNCclient. you need the VNCclient to access the aml-vnc server (It should be installed on the clients machine). You connect through Teamviewer to your clients PC and run the VNCclient installed on his pc to access LibreElec.

• kszaq, is there a reason this is not in the LibreElec repos for the ODROID-C2?

Can you tell us where you pulled the source from?

Also, can you pm me your email?

• It's not in official repo because I have no time or skills to maintain it.

I am the author - I used Droid VNC sources and adapted for LE. You can find source code at my GitHub account.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• I am having the same problems as estimadarocha. I tried the disp_cap hack from kszaq, since I am usualy running my Libreelec Minix Neo U1 without the AVR or the TV being on (mostly for 24/7 music playback). When I need to do something, I mostly use VNC (TightVNC) for it. But after rebooting without AVR/TV the resolution in VNC is tiny.

So I thought the disp_cap hack might help me, but now I am still only a tiny part of the screen (same as the pics above).

Is there a way to set the resolution of the VNC session beforehand?

Cheers

Michael

• Is there a default password on this while using RealVNC. I have not had it before but the other day when I went to use it it asked me for a password?? It has worked fine before.

Thanks.

• kszaq i am experiencing some weir behaviour when the resolucion is 1920*1080 50hz is like the vnc image was not centered...

Did anyone manage to solve this issue? When my Libreelec box is running at 1920x1080 I get this problem - connect using VNC and you only see part of the screen. Run the box at 1280x720 and VNC works fine and you can see the whole screen.

Is this something that could be fixed?

Thanks

• hi kszaq,

your add-on is great and all was ok with 8.2.2.2 LE (for s912)

I updated LE to 8.2.2.3 and now the colors are wrong (BLU is YELLOW).

Any suggestion in order to fix it?

(I'm sorry for my english!)

• Did anyone manage to solve this issue? When my Libreelec box is running at 1920x1080 I get this problem - connect using VNC and you only see part of the screen. Run the box at 1280x720 and VNC works fine and you can see the whole screen.

Is this something that could be fixed?

Thanks

I have the same problem. If the resolution is set to 1920x1080p then only a part of the desktop is visible.

In case of 1280x720p the complete desktop can be seen, however the resolution is so low that it is absolutely unreadable.

The client is realVNC VNC viewer 6.17.1113

Any clue how to make it usable?

• VNC I use both RPi and HTPC, here the resolution is full. For X96 S905X (aml) I have the same resolution problem as above. Anyway, thank you for this remote administration option.