Forum force me to use an email I'm not using

• When entering the forum I was used to change my email address. Unfortunatly the forum didn't accept all my 3 only email that I was using.

Every link that I did use was bringing me back to the screen where I should change me email.

At the end I decided to just log off and don't participate at the forum anymore.

However even the link to log you off will bring you to the link where you have to change your email. So if you can't provide an email that the forum will accept than you can log off and therefore can't see the forum anymore.

The only way to access the forum is to delete all cookies. Or just use an other disposable email that the forum will use.

Well, I just want to report the bug with the forum (you can't log off if the forum wont accept your email).

Normaly I want to report a bug in LibreELEC, but it seems that you don't like my 3 emails that I'm using. So I also want to say Good Bye to the forum. I will log off and use the forum as a guest. Too bad. It seems that you are the most strict forum ever considering the email addresses.

• We do only block fake email providers and yahoo because we are getting a huge amount of spam - yahoo was added yesterday because ~100% of all yahoo users were fake.

The blocked emails should only check at registration if blocked or not. If this is not working then it is a missbehaviour of the board software.
    I have no idea whats wrong and without knowing your "other" email adress domains I can't do anything.

• ute it shouldn't block anyone who already registered with an @yahoo.com address from accessing the forum. I'm hoping this is a temporary change while we figure out something that will prevent bots registering with yahoo accounts.

I had been using an @yahoo.co.uk for several months, but suffered the 'redirection to change email page' problem a few days ago. In the end I changed my registered email address to an alternative and was able to log in again. It's a shame that no clues were given as to why I was unable to log in though, as it took a while to figure out what might be wrong.

• "... ~100% of all yahoo users were fake."

I also experienced the same problem as the OP when logging in today, despite having registered with a yahoo.com email some time ago.

It eventually let me log in this evening so I am guessing you have done something to remedy the problem.

Edited once, last by chamonix (September 12, 2016 at 11:00 PM).