Posts by JohnnyL

Give Mocha VNC Lite a go - available for IOS & Android. I've never had a problem with it, but couldn't get any version of RealVNC working properly.

Mocha VNC Lite times out after 5 minutes, but that's enough to prove it's working, and enough time for me to change settings on a headless Libreelec RPi. You can reconnect multiple times after the timeout period too.

Cheers,

Hi Hias,

Carrying on from the 7.03 thread...

I've installed RPi2/3 LE version 8.00 as an upgrade to the 7.03 version. I changed the new default skin back to Confluence, so I didn't have to learn my way around the new interface. After that it worked fine!

Initial findings regarding the DMA fix:

After the upgrade, the audio config was already set to 'fixed' at 96kHz - files with all sampling frequencies played fine.

Changing to 'fixed' at 192kHz didn't work at all initially, even after rebooting - files just wouldn't play.
    Changed back to 96kHz then back again to 192kHz, rebooting each time, and normal playback resumed. No clicks or chopped signals heard so far, so your DMA fix seems to have worked.

Not sure what was going on at first there, but will investigate more tomorrow if necessary.

Thanks again for your invaluable work on the Rpi/CLAC.

Cheers

John

Hi Hias,

Sorry about the long delay in replying. Testing so far shows that setting the audio config to 'fixed' at 96KHz appears to stop the clicks and splats when the input files change between 192KHz, 96kHz and 44.1kHz. Thanks for the tip!

Regarding muting, I assumed that the soundchip might be similar to other Cirrus chips I worked with in the past (many options for muting all sections), but as the chip came from Wolfson originally, I assumed wrongly.

Sometime soon I might try fixing the audio config to 192KHz to see if that also works. I might even get time to test the various output configs to find out which might be generally optimal for THD+n, etc. I have the equipment, but unfortunately not much time recently.

Cheers,

John

I've experienced clicks too, and have established that they usually occur when the sample frequency of the source files changes. eg. listen to a file or album with 44.1KHz sampling, then change to a file or album with 96KHz sampling - this produces an audible click. I tried changing a few options in the audio settings, but nothing seemed to make much difference - maybe I didn't find the correct combination.

I assume that the clicks tomasz1500 hears when changing the source material between Tidal and Youtube is caused by the different sample rates of the different sources.

I haven't looked at the schematics of the Cirrus card in any detail, but wouldn't be surprised if there is an option to 'soft mute' briefly when a change in input sample rate is detected. There again, I'm often wrong.

John

ute it shouldn't block anyone who already registered with an @yahoo.com address from accessing the forum. I'm hoping this is a temporary change while we figure out something that will prevent bots registering with yahoo accounts.

I had been using an @yahoo.co.uk for several months, but suffered the 'redirection to change email page' problem a few days ago. In the end I changed my registered email address to an alternative and was able to log in again. It's a shame that no clues were given as to why I was unable to log in though, as it took a while to figure out what might be wrong.

Hi Hias,

I've installed your LibreELEC build on my RPi3 & CLAC and it all went very smoothly - thanks.

I went for a new install, rather than upgrade from OpenELEC, so I'd just be able to quickly swap SD cards if anything went wrong - it didn't.

The following might be better placed in a different sub-forum:
    One thing I'm confused about is whether I should be able to use the setup to play back audio from remote devices using BT (eg. iPod). I know about the early issues as discussed in the "Possible I2S master/slave bug in RPi3" thread (Possible I2S master/slave bug in RPi3 · Issue #1321 · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub), but didn't really understand the outcome, except that audio started to work using your updated OpenELEC build. I can see that devices such as iPods are connected to the Pi, but can't get any audio out. Any ideas?

Cheers,

John