Invalid argument

• doesnt work.

its the passphrase.

it works when i use only alpha-numeric chars.

but using the complete ascii code, libreelec and android phone can't connect.

windows and ios devices are fine.

• otherwise the onboard realtek chip of my a95x is sooo bad.

feels like a 9600 baud modem.

why the hell doesnt realtek give up to produce wlan chips.

i owned several realtek wifi devices in the past and they all were extremely unusable. :)

tried a ralink dlink dwa-140 usb stick and it worked ok but had some dropouts with 1080p 25fps h264 live tv.

i keep it wired.

• Thank you, this worked. My scenario was the same as crushedy's. I changed the SSID of my network and wasn't able to update the settings in LE Config. There must be a bug in the Configuration addon.

• I have the same problem but found something strange.

Don't know if this could help

I've tried my 64 alpha-num chars password and it fails many times.

I've change my wireless router password to an 8 alpha-num chars password and it then work when I tried to connect the PI to the network...

Of course I could not keep this password and had to put back my 64 chars pass, but the problem came back, i can't connect to network, displaying again the same invalid argument message.

• Unless someone wants to confess what wireless chipset(s) is/are being used (which informs us which crappy wireless driver is involved) and provide both dmesg and Kodi debug logs, none of the developers will take any interest.

I am using the Raspberry 3. Therefore it should be the "BCM43143" chip. I'll check this ..

I had the same problems: It was not possible to enter the passphrase because there was no input field opening and asking for it.

Clicking on the desired wlan opens a window with two choices: Connect (Verbinden) and Refresh (Aktualisieren). Choosing "connect" immediately pops up the message:

"Network error

Invalid arguments".

I'm confident there is a bug in the LE settings agent

Yes, I can confirm that, because i was able to connect to my wifi immediately after I followed your statements you gave in post #20 !

Checked that the window that opens on the network to that I connected offers two more choices: "Edit (Bearbeiten)" and "Delete (Löschen)". Choosing the edit or modify button opens a window opens with different network related fields to modify, but again I can't see a field for the passphrase.

All the other wlans are treated as before: It is not possible to enter a passsphrase; Just the message:

"Network error

Invalid arguments".

I tried to identify the wifi chip, but it isn't mentioned in the system/hardware information window. I tried lsusb but without luck. I didn't find it by the help of dmesg.

"Hardware" shows that it is a BCM2835 rev. a22082 ARMv7 rev 4 (v71).

Edited 2 times, last by tonalt: Work in progress. (March 22, 2018 at 7:52 AM).