Suggestions for the forum

• Hello, guys!

I have 3 things to suggest for forum.

1 - When I browse by threads here the site, sometimes I see a "read the forum rules".

It would not be a good thing to put them in a more easily accessible place.

Look at the forum's home. Where is forum rules?

2 - Another good thing I notice is [How to], there some here. Isn't a good thing to create a section for them? For a more easy access (and for organization).

3 - In other forums that I use there is a way the thread creator marks a response as the best answer, the solution. I think this helps a lot someone who has a problem and is looking for an answer.

Examples:

Cheers and thanks for the great work :)

• Official Post

Many thanks for your input.

The Woltlab forum software is relatively new (~2 years) and the admins are still trying to get to grips with how to get it to work perfectly.

1) Has already been noted and "yes" I agree. It should be part of the registration process and easily accessible.

2) The ideal solution would be to have [How To] added by the user to the Wiki but alas that still makes maintenance difficult to control. Having a separate area on the front page is Ok, but there are now so many, that the front page would be swamped (X86, RPi, Amlogic, VIM, performance, adddons etc.

3) Would be nice but I don't believe it's possible. [Solved] Is a manual method either by Mods or the user themselves.

We live in an imperfect world. If there are any Woltlab experts available, we'd love to hear from you :)