[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• balbes150, is there any way to produce LAN1000 image which could be booted as AlexELEC?
    I didn't succeed to boot any of your images, but AlexELEC work fine with SD card.

• I just downloaded the latest build and I still can't get it to install.

What specific image are you trying ?

1) Would it be possible for you to post the latest install instructions in the first post?

When I can find time, I'll try to rewrite it under new conditions.

2) Could you also include a troubleshooting section that addresses such as manually activating multi-boot?

ok

3) Finally, what is the easiest way to get the dtb? Is it a single file I can pull off the restored box?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. (I use a computer translation).

Also for m8s?

These points do not depend on the model of the TV box, they are common to all images.

is there any way to produce LAN1000 image which could be booted as AlexELEC?
    I didn't succeed to boot any of your images, but AlexELEC work fine with SD card.

In the image AlexElec used the old scheme of a multi-boot that can run only the image AlexElec from the external media. To run all the system from removable media, you need to preactivate-boot on new version (using the script aml_autoscrip from the composition of my images LE or Armbian). Run all the images are universal. To start AlexElec will need to add to the media with its additional script s805_autocript (assembled specifically to support AlexElec).

• Since there is no love to my Minix X8H-PLUS, what image do you recommend on this box? LAN1000, MXIII PLUS, or M8S?

Edit: I've tried the MxIII and finally I have WiFi. [emoji3]

Edited once, last by mundano (April 14, 2017 at 1:07 PM).

• Balbes,

If you can PM the instructions, I would be happy to validate and edit them for you so you can paste them in your first post. I've written a lot of tutorials that have become stickies.

• is there any way to produce LAN1000 image which could be booted as AlexELEC?

In the image AlexElec used the old scheme of a multi-boot that can run only the image AlexElec from the external media. To run all the system from removable media, you need to preactivate-boot on new version (using the script aml_autoscrip from the composition of my images LE or Armbian). Run all the images are universal. To start AlexElec will need to add to the media with its additional script s805_autocript (assembled specifically to support AlexElec).

I simply cannot understand what you're trying to tell me or I cannot get multiboot mode with my M8S+

Here's my steps, could you trace what I'm doing wrong:

1. download LAN1000 image
    2. burn image to SD card using Win32diskImager
    3. Put SD card into box
    4. Plug out box, press toothpick, plug in box
    5. It finished with black screen in my case
    6. plug out box

Now when I tried to boot with the same SD card it always ended with black screen and no loading at all (with or without toothpick)

When I remove SD card system boots normally form box RAM with old Kerber's Libreelec 7.0.2.001 (Kodi 16.1) which work perfect.

When I insert USB with the same image box just ignores it and boot image from RAM.

What am I doing wrong?

• I uploaded the test image LibreELEC-S812.TEST_DTB.arm-8.0.2.img.gz and a set of test dtb files for separate use. This version of the image allows to use a separate c file dtb data. To use. After writing the image to media you can try running the system WITHOUT the dtb file. The script will try to dtb data from the internal memory and try to run them the system. If within 5 minutes of not going on the appearance of images on the screen, you need to add to the media one of the matching files, and rename it in the "dtb.img". You can try all the dtb files from the site, trying to get a working system.

Pay attention, this image is NOT INTENDED to be installed in the inside memory. If you try to run setup - you will receive a brick that need to be recovered.

In the near future I plan to upload additional versions of SYSTEM files with different content and settings WiFi network and BT. These files SYSTEM can be combined with different dtb files, is to try to pick up a working system (WiFi and BT).

Link to the test directory.

Yandex.Disk
    [hr]

What am I doing wrong?

I tried both ways on my m8s and get same thing.

Note that multi download version works on Android >5 on version 4.4 is not working.
    [hr]

When I remove SD card system boots normally form box RAM with old Kerber's Libreelec 7.0.2.001 (Kodi 16.1) which work perfect.

Show the output of fw_printenv after completed the multi-boot activation.

• [hr]

...The script will try to dtb data from the internal memory and try to run them the system.

Are you saying your build will recover the dtb from the android box and use it? If that's the case, that's pure genius.

Edited once, last by Skripo (April 14, 2017 at 9:49 PM).

• How can I do this?

Start LE, enable SSH in the settings to connect via SSH, execute the command "fw_printenv".

Are you saying your build will recover the dtb from the android box and use it? If that's the case, that's pure genius.

The principle is the same as in s905. Pay attention, it does download dtb from internal memory to external memory in the form of an independent file, and only the use of these dtb data (from internal memory) to run the LE and Armbian.

Does it means: One image to rule them all?

Yes, it is planned that-it was not a monolit system (which is not possible to change without rebuilding the entire image), and modular design, the user can combine yourself. Kernel + dtb + SYSTEM.

• Start LE, enable SSH in the settings to connect via SSH, execute the command "fw_printenv".

Ok, here's the result:

LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.2.001
    LibreELEC:~ # fw_printenv
    Cannot access MTD device /dev/mtd1: No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~ #

• Edited once, last by elandes (April 15, 2017 at 4:16 PM).

• Skipo, looks like we have the same problem. I also have the 4.4 and Openelec 6 Sd card.

My device already been working with toothpick method.
    today I tried this :
    downloads for Amlogic MXQ TV Box by Demetris. | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers
    without any toothpick, it loaded to LE , the android 4.4 was not hurt and I could switch to it with shutdown: boot internal.

what we were looking for was same image from Balbes150, which is compatible.

• Dear balbes150!
    I have MXIII-G (2/8G) first version and I used the installation LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.2.img.gz and LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img, both firmware work fine all peripherals (Lan, WIFI), the only problem at the start, I see attach. photo and not logo libreelec, then appears Kodi.
    It's alright?
    I have tried boot loader for Android 4.4 KK and 5.1LP the same result
    Thanks for the info, I apologize for my English
    Huge thanks for the effort, balbes150!