[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Hi balbes150, Thanks again for making these builds available. Any plans for a new build before the end of the year? With holidays upcoming it certainly understandable if you have more important things to do.

• There are two options for multi-boot s812. The "old" version can only run LE. The "new" (universal) version of the tool multi that able to run any images of the LE and Linux. I think You have activated the "old" version. To work my images need re-activate the "new" version of multi-boot.

How activate the "new" version of multi-boot...

• Hi balbes150, Thanks again for making these builds available. Any plans for a new build before the end of the year? With holidays upcoming it certainly understandable if you have more important things to do.

Hi. 7up The plans are there. But now is not enough time.
    [hr]

How activate the "new" version of multi-boot...

Burn image to SD card and use toothpick method or use the standard Android app "Update&Backup".

• Hi. 7up The plans are there. But now is not enough time.
    [hr]

Burn image to SD card and use toothpick method or use the standard Android app "Update&Backup".

...or use the standard Android app "Update&Backup". I don't understand. What's .zip file I must flash with Android app "Update&Backup"?
    Thanks for your patiente
    [hr]
    I burn image to SD card and use toothpick method, LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.2.6_20161130.img.xz and copied s805_autoscript, the SDcard boot correctly, I see logo Libreelec, but stop with error: SH: can't access tty: job control turned off. What means?

Edited once, last by t.michele (December 17, 2016 at 10:47 PM).

• ...or use the standard Android app "Update&Backup". I don't understand. What's .zip file I must flash with Android app "Update&Backup"?
    Thanks for your patiente
    [hr]
    I burn image to SD card and use toothpick method, LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.2.6_20161130.img.xz and copied s805_autoscript, the SDcard boot correctly, I see logo Libreelec, but stop with error: SH: can't access tty: job control turned off. What means?

If after recording the image on the media there is a file s805_autoscript, neither of which advanced copy is NOT necessary. The script that You copied additionally is suitable for images where it is not.

• Hello Balbes 150,

I have m8s+ android box S812 and i activate dual boot for booting openelec from sd card.I found working version for my box on internet.It is AlexELEC version on this internet page: 1.0.1-20160404 – Google Drive.
    Can you make working latest librelec with kodi 17 for my m8s+ box from this AlexELEC version becouse it is older with kodi 15.2 inside???...Thanks!

This is my box: M8S+ TV Box XBMC 1000M Ethernet-73.05 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

• Hello Balbes 150,

I have m8s+ android box S812 and i activate dual boot for booting openelec from sd card.I found working version for my box on internet.It is AlexELEC version on this internet page: 1.0.1-20160404 – Google Drive.
    Can you make working latest librelec with kodi 17 for my m8s+ box from this AlexELEC version becouse it is older with kodi 15.2 inside???...Thanks!

This is my box: M8S+ TV Box XBMC 1000M Ethernet-73.05 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Have you tried to run the existing images from the media in multi-boot mode ?

• I' ve tested... It works all. Iptv is ok, library, HD video, remote command, all is ok, for now no bugs or limitation.

I found a bug in Kripton version, passthrough in HDMI (Yamaha 393) the volume is very, very low... In PCM the volume is OK, but if I set passthrough is few audible.

• Have you tried to run the existing images from the media in multi-boot mode ?

Hello Balbes 150,
    This AlexELEC version is working on my m8s+ box....I run from SD CARD but it is older version.I need new version libreelec from you with kodi 17...Can you try build libreelec for my box ?Thanks!
    I try every your images but always it show pictures libreelec and show messages error: something like cant find FLASH/SISTEM ,job done...I think you need correct dbt and kernel to start libreelec on my S812 m8s+ box....Maybe you can extract from this AlexELEC version...

Edited once, last by stupin (December 23, 2016 at 9:08 AM).

• Hi. I have an MXIII-G box and previously had the Wilro build of OE with multiboot installed.
    I have burned the image "LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.2.6_20161130" to an SD card and can boot as far as the LE logo, but no further.
    The wired interface is up and I have ports 111 and 445 open.
    Looking in \logfiles\01_KODI.log there are some ERROR entries:-
    ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
    ERROR: SQL: [Addons20.db] SQL error or missing database
    Does anyone have any suggestions for booting past the LE logo into Kodi? Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by winnyuk (December 23, 2016 at 9:18 AM).

• Hello Balbes 150,
    This AlexELEC version is working on my m8s+ box....I run from SD CARD but it is older version.I need new version libreelec from you with kodi 17...Can you try build libreelec for my box ?Thanks!
    I try every your images but always it show pictures libreelec and show messages error: something like cant find FLASH/SISTEM ,job done...I think you need correct dbt and kernel to start libreelec on my S812 m8s+ box....Maybe you can extract from this AlexELEC version...

This error is usually not associated with dtb.
    Perhaps bad media. You upgraded-boot to the latest version ?
    [hr]

Activate the new multiboot. Older versions multiboot cannot work with new images (which use the script s905_autoscript).

• Sorry, I not speak English, I don't understand the question, what You want to do ?

Sorry for the late response, got caught up in something.

Anyway, I tried replacing the dtb from KERNEL myself using mkbootimg (which works) but I see that you have already included the Amlogic Multi-DTB files in your latest builds.

Tried the S812.LAN1000 builds and they work great! While LAN works 100%, Bluetooth is not recognized and the device tends to hang when using WiFi. In the 7.0.2 build, the device eventually hangs, in 8.0.0, network requests fail and the device hangs when a reboot is attempted.
    I've checked the WiFi chipset, it's the AP6335 Wireless module.

Edited once, last by SnT2k (December 24, 2016 at 11:18 AM).

• This error is usually not associated with dtb.
    Perhaps bad media. You upgraded-boot to the latest version ?
    [hr]

Activate the new multiboot. Older versions multiboot cannot work with new images (which use the script s905_autoscript

Where can I found new boot script for S812 android box?

• Activate the new multiboot. Older versions multiboot cannot work with new images (which use the script s905_autoscript).

Thanks Balbes150. I have tried the toothpick method (as described in posts 11 and 13), the Google TV image appears, then the box reboots and this continues in a loop. Do I need to remove any files from the original image or should it just work as it is?

I have also found I can reach the Android recovery screen if I eject the sd card and use toothpick.
    I have tried copying the files onto a usb drive, choosing "apply update from EXT", "update from udisk" , selecting "aml_autoscript.zip", but when it verifies the update package it fails with "E: footer is wrong" and "E: signature verification failed".

Edited once, last by winnyuk (December 24, 2016 at 12:11 PM).

• Tried the S812.LAN1000 builds and they work great! While LAN works 100%, Bluetooth is not recognized and the device tends to hang when using WiFi.

Have you tried the version from this directory ?
    dF7ASRFGygDMj

Where can I found new boot script for S812 android box?

You need to download and burn to SD card these two file. Next, use the toothpick or use the app "Update&Backup".
    Yandex.Disk

I have also found I can reach the Android recovery screen if I eject the sd card and use toothpick.
    I have tried copying the files onto a usb drive, choosing "apply update from EXT", "update from udisk" , selecting "aml_autoscript.zip", but when it verifies the update package it fails with "E: footer is wrong" and "E: signature verification failed".

Activation multi-boot is possible only with SD card. After activating multi-boot, the system will be able to run images from SD cards and USB flash drives. Please note, the initial activation of the multi-boot is possible ONLY with SD card.

• Have you tried the version from this directory ?
    dF7ASRFGygDMj

Still no Bluetooth, the WiFi works for a bit then stops working (not network activity) like in the 8.0.0 build. It sometimes causes freezes when rebooting but at least it didn't cause the entire device to hang.

Edited once, last by SnT2k (December 24, 2016 at 2:44 PM).