issue on Rock64 images.

• hello guys, since i bought the rock64 1gb with a 5v power supply i always had the exact same problem, random stutter now and then, the image freezes for 1 sec and than goes fast forward until it stabalizes. this happens quite a few times while watching any type of content mostly .mkv movies and iptv. sometimes when it stutters and then goes back to normal the audio only outputs from the right speaker.

i have the rock64 connected to a Sony STR DN1050 /AV Receiver)

I know that the build is currently on alpha/beta im writing this to know if the devs are aware of the problem or if the problem is me?

Regards guys.8)

• edid: this happened on all the nightly builds.

Disable all passthrough options as it will only be supported in the next LibreELEC version.

Read the forums and also change to an OnDemand CPU governor.

Make sure you are using a nightly build as they work better.

Index of /

• Disable all passthrough options as it will only be supported in the next LibreELEC version.

Read the forums and also change to an OnDemand CPU governor.

Make sure you are using a nightly build as they work better.

Index of /

the passthrough is disabled i am receiving audio data via LPCM if enabled you only receive a buzz like you said the audio bitstreaming will only be supported on the next LE,

i am using the last nightly that one that was released at 1/4/2019

about the cpu governer i didn't read nothing will search for it

thank you mo123.

• edit: the cpu governor is set to performance by default.

new nightly release today installed on my rock64 and the problem persists.

Did you try a faster micro-sd card?

You can manually turn it to OnDemand or Interactive(which is even better), it really helps with stability to decrease temperature and heat compared to Performance that always runs at the highest CPU speed.

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

MVR9 RK3328 users run their devices for hours without any freezes or crashes, but maybe it is because of a better heatsink and higher quality DDR4 RAM used. You can also use a USB cooling fan to make sure the device runs stable and doesn't downclock because of high temperatures.

• well at the info it says 60 degrees, my rock64 have two passive heatsinks, 1 on the cpu and other one on the memory.

the microsd is a sandisk it writes at 16mps not benched the readings, tried some chinese microsd that i had here and it does the same thing.

i will try to change the cpugovernor to interective and report it.

thanks m0123

• I am also having issues with stuttering on my Rock64 playing videos from my NAS over SMB. I'm not being terribly helpful, but I don't think it's your specific Rock64 as I am also experiencing something similar :)

• I'm thinking more the Rock64 issues are hardware related since the stuttering can't be reproduced on other devices.

Beelink RK3288 devices also had stuttering that couldn't be reproduced on other RK3288 devices and it turned out it was because of low quality RAM chips that were used.

Also Pine seems to have abandoned the device and making empty promises to users.

But I hope I'm wrong and with the Linux v5 kernel that LibreELEC developers are working on, it would improve things.

• I'm thinking more the Rock64 issues are hardware related since the stuttering can't be reproduced on other devices.

I have been able to successfully play videos (with no stuttering) from a hdd directly connected to the Rock64. But if I attempted to do multiple large skips then the stuttering would start.

Also Pine seems to have abandoned the device and making empty promises to users.

This is very interesting and disappointing to read as when I bought my Rock64 (and even now) the website clearly indicates that it is a LTS product and Pine64 commit to producing it beyond 2022.

But I hope I'm wrong and with the Linux v5 kernel that LibreELEC developers are working on, it would improve things.

I sincerely hope this too!

• I just tried all the above / Multiple skips / Chapter skips

I can't get it to stutter.

I'm hard wired over ethernet.

SMB to library .

Straight HDMI to the Rock64.

LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-nightly-20190409-51adb4d-rock64

• Hi !

I did some tests to, and I got stutter only with MPEG4 SD contents. But I found a workaround, I put the resolution at 720p and now everything is smooth. Resolution switch automatically when needed and my SD contents is really good. This problem do not exist on my Rockpi 4B.

• I am also having issues with stuttering on my Rock64 playing videos from my NAS over SMB. I'm not being terribly helpful, but I don't think it's your specific Rock64 as I am also experiencing something similar

1. Reboot your device

2. ssh into your device

Play a file that stutters for a few seconds

Execute Command Below.

Code
    dmesg|pastebinit

You will receive a Link to your log.

Post the link to the log.