7.0.2.007 build for S905

• You got into recovery with the files i gave you ?
    I will remove the zip if it didn't work.

The zip is empty. It has 1 folder in it with no files
    But i got it to work by making a boot usb with bootmaker and the u-boot file that came with the original android firmware.

• Hello everyone, Just have a couple of questions. I recently installed libreelec 7.0.2.007 almost there build on my Minex neo U1 and have a issue. 1. Is there a way to udgrade KODI to 17.0 Krypton beta 2? 2. I noticed when playing AAC 5.1 files they play as PCM 7.1 is this normal? 3. I have a DVD XviD MP3 movie file that has no sound( the file will play in SPMC and XBMC) everything else such as Atmos DTSX DTS AC3 and FLAC plays perfect. If someone can help me out I would be very thankful.

Edited once, last by dav003r (October 5, 2016 at 7:58 PM).

• I'm trying to activate the optical SPDIF port on a Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta, but can't seem to activate it in LibreELEC.
    This device has an optical SPDIF port, because I can activate it in the Andriod version of kodi.

Does anybody know which device tree I can use which enables it for this device ?

Thnx

• I've created a bootable SD card for my MX Plus box with the following

gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb

and

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz

Now the problem is that
    1) when I try to boot using the toothpick method the box boots Android in safe mode
    2) using the recovery method the box restores the factory Android installation

Don't know how to get LE running. Any ideas?

• Now the problem is that
    1) when I try to boot using the toothpick method the box boots Android in safe mode
    2) using the recovery method the box restores the factory Android installation

From your post i think you are just booting into ANDROID recovery ?

I don't believe you have created a Bootable SD Card.
    Please tell us how you burnt the .img onto the sd card.
    EG: You unpacked the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz and you used WHAT program to burn the image you unpacked from the
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz.
    You also S905 only: Downloaded a device tree gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb, renamed it to dtb.img and copied it to main folder of SD card replacing the one that's already there.
    Check the steps and confirm your steps.
    I am pretty sure the burning image to sd card has not been executed correctly. :idea:

• First of all, many thanks for your help :)

I followed these steps:

1) formatted as FAT32 a 32GB Kingston class 10 microSD card. Done under Windows
    2) downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz and then drag-and-dropped it in Rufus, without unpacking it before
    3) started Rufus with the default settings
    4) downloaded gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb and copied it to the root of the SD card
    5) deleted from the SD card the previous dtb.img file
    6) renamed gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb to dtb.img
    7) I inserted the microSD card, using the proper adapter, into the SD slot of my MX Plus (off without AC plug)
    8) used a toothpick to press the reset button and connected the power at the same time

I tried the same procedure several times and I also tried the 3 USB ports (using a USB-SD adaper). The box always boots Android in safe mode. Perhaps the MX Plus cannot boot from SD without some sort of modifications ?

• 1) formatted as FAT32 a 32GB Kingston class 10 microSD card. Done under Windows
    2) downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz and then drag-and-dropped it in Rufus, without unpacking it before

Someone has to help you with Windows and Rufus. I am a Mac User and use Apple Pi Baker. I have to Unpack .gz and Apple Pi Baker sees the .img
    It prompts me to choose the unpacked LE Image for burning and sees my SD card to choose as the SD card to burn it to.

Get confirmation from Windows members as i am a total Windows No Idea kind of guy.

Second issue is the 32GB sd Card. Can your box read 32gb ?

Get the burning right first and beware of the sd card size issues. i know people have had issues with LE on sd cards larger than 16gb.

• Thanks for your help!
    Never used Rufus before...it seems it has correctly burned the SD even if I did not unpack the .gz
    After Rufus had finished I saw several file on the SD.

I used the same SD that was already installed on the MX Plus. It supports SD cards 32GB max.

• Never used Rufus before...it seems it has correctly burned the SD even if I did not unpack the .gz
    After Rufus had finished I saw several file on the SD.

I just quickly looked at Rufus info and it looks like you did it right.
    You mentioned the files are visible after burning so it is correct.

You may have to choose the update zip which is one of the files you are seeing whilst in recovery but please wait as i am not sure
    about this. Do so at your own risk. If you don't have factory Android Files to get back if something goes wrong.
    I dont think anything will go wrong but i dont know what U-Boot this box has and i am wary about some of these boxes and suspect Firmware.
    This box has a Dubious and not very friendly community version of Kodi with license violations.
    [hr]

You need to unzip the .gz before using rufus. It will look like it's burning correctly - but it is not. You need to burn the .img file.

If you are correct ?
    Someone has to fix the link Installation - LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 6, 2016 at 2:20 PM).

• Uhmm...I was hoping in some problems with Rufus :( In any case, this evening after work, I will try unpacking the .gz before burning. If this won't work, sincerely, I'm afraid of not to be able to try LE.

• I have used Win32disk imager before for OE and done same with LE ( didn't find other write programs user friendly!). In this case You have to unpack .gz file first! I use 7zip. Will try last .dtb release, this was with .007 build. On a MXQ pro4k with p201t board! I used p201 .dtb file. The class10 64GB micro sdhc I used has to be indexed into the system, I believe, and this takes time. If you wait and power off after a while, leaving sd into the box, all well; if you take sd out and use Android, next LE reboot will also look slow first time. Will look to USB boot, 8Gb key.
    Regards
    Many many thanks to Kszaq for his wonderful work. Will have to try Tvheadend server for Dvb S2, but T2 first!
    Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited once, last by vn800art (October 6, 2016 at 6:40 PM).

• Bad news :(
    Tried to burn the SD card both unpacking the .gz file before and not unpacking using Rufus. And I also tried Win32DiskImager after unpacking. Always the same result: the MX Plus box boots Android in safe mode. No LE for me at the moment.

Any other ideas?

Perhaps I need an hw modification like this ?

• Listen, every time I start working on a new device and to be safe, I take the media hw support ( in the meanwhile I burnt LE on a USB KEY, 8GB, all flawless, first try successful on the USB plug nearest to the Sd slot, btw), and make a clean format with Sdformatter, you never know what you could have on your sd, HD, etc.
    Next thing to try is to change .dtb file, or try to discover in Android what is your board type, Soc, or Wi-Fi chip. I used CPU Z.
    Regards
    Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

• Any other ideas?

Perhaps I need an hw modification like this ?

Try an 8gb sd card first to eliminate the possibility of 32gb not compatible with LE Booting.
    I have seen this issue before. It is worth the try.

In case you need info later Your Box has P200 Board and Realtek WiFi Chip RTL8723.

Read this as well ; Modifying u-boot. Inphic Spot i7 - Running Linux From An SD Card, USB Card Reader Or Flash Drive, Using Balbes150's Method And Files. - FreakTab.com

This member is credited for the above. balbes150LibreELEC

Another possibility is to load Factory Android Firmware with U-Boot from a similar s905 Box.
    This will only get you an Android version with not all working functions for your box.
    It will then allow you to load LE on SD Card . Then you can test device trees to get a WORKING LE
    After that you can SSH installtointernal command to run LE From internal memory.
    I have done this before but it is not really advised.
    I'm a risk taker with boxes that give me troubles like this.