7.0.2.007 build for S905

• i want kodi 17 because it comes with inputstream which will let me watch amazon, skygo, dazn,..........................
    kodi 17 runs without issues on all other devices in my setup.
    The other problem is i can't share the same db on my devices because only the amlogic one is still on 16.1 :), but no problem i can wait, it is already amazing what kszaq is doing for this cheap devices :)

• i want kodi 17 because it comes with inputstream which will let me watch amazon, skygo, dazn,..........................
    kodi 17 runs without issues on all other devices in my setup.
    The other problem is i can't share the same db on my devices because only the amlogic one is still on 16.1 :), but no problem i can wait, it is already amazing what kszaq is doing for this cheap devices :)

Then sorry, in my country inputstream isnt relevant.

• just for your info, inputstream was made to get a legal way to watch protected content.

Inputstream.mpd is Mpeg Dash Amazon Prime Instant Video - Amazon Prime Reloaded - Maxdome - DAZN
    Inputstream.smoothstream is Microsoft Smooth Streaming which is used by Sky

Widevine is used from google chrome, so all content protected stuff will get handled like you would watch it over Chrome, so there is no hack or something needed to watch legal content.

So the addons i listed are only a start, but inputstream opened a way to make legal addons without the need of any workaround to watch them.

Input stream add-ons The work done with VideoPlayer has already gained one of the most exciting new features we can think of which is Input Stream add-ons. This enables possibility of native written add-ons can now handle part of the video playback selection and just hand over the video stream to Kodi. A perfect example of this isDASH (Dynamic Adaptive STreaming over HTTP)  which is something YouTube uses to give you the different video qualities depending on network speed. With Input Stream add-ons we can now have this capability as separate add-on instead of having this in the Kodi core. Here comes the video stream selection into play as you might want to select a different quality or language if made available. We’re happy to say that by default we ship the MPD add-on that handles the DASH audio/video stream selection standard and hands over the results to Kodi. The available YouTube add-on in Kodi repository doesn’t handle this feature as of yet however I’m sure it will be updated somewhere in the future. More features will come from this complete VideoPlayer rework and we will be sure to inform you once they have been added. For now we will try to make current features work to their fullest potential.

• I dont understand many people, why want to upgrade to next kodi (what is still alfa/beta)...
    For what i use it (playing video, listen music,tv), the old kodi 14,15,16 perfect. All of them play perfectly video, no important news about it.
    More important is: good kernel to amlogic devices, and bugfixes.

Do you know the ONLY reason I want 17 - it's the default skin it comes with!!!! I think its awesome!!! :exclamation:

I agree with you, 16 works fine perhaps its just the geek in me that likes to have the latest mod of everything. I do it with my Enigma2 Openvix satellite and my Android phone etc etc

Other than that there is no reason

• kszaq are you sure? because rpi2/3 has widevine working under libreelec which is also Arm Cortex A53,

German site [Kodi 17 +] Inputstream HowTo + AddOns für Kodi 17 ab Beta 6 +, aktuelle Git builds < Update 10.12.2016 - Die angepinnten Themen - Kodinerds.net - Deutschsprachiges Forum zum Kodi Entertainment Center

Code
    curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh -o /tmp/getwidevine.sh && sh /tmp/getwidevine.sh

but more important for me is currently same db and for sure i also like the new skin more then confluence :D

Edited once, last by cHarOn (September 27, 2016 at 10:31 AM).

• Yes, I'm sure. RPi2 is arm, RPi3 is aarch64 but uses arm build (32-bit userspace).

I think your next question will be: can't we use 32-bit userspace? Well, I'm not sure. I'll have to see if we have all needed binaries.

• For my project - the improvements in pvr are what is desired in kodi 17 as the main use of my boxes is for live ota tv. However - I am totally fine working in 16 and getting a stable version with working internal tuners. That's my goal for now and I'll experiment in 17 on my Rpi3.

• Anybody noticed that suspend works in the second test build (09.25)?
    But unfortunately the remote power button also just suspend not power off, and the settings menu doesn't change its behaviour at all.

• Hi there, I bought a s905x box on a whim - this one: SCISHION V88 PRO TV Box Powered by Amlogic S905X SoC Sells for $22 (Promo) (it was only $21.00)

It has android and a fully loaded kodi (quite fascinating really, not that much of the "loaded" stuff works). Naturally I want to run LE.

Following post 1 I cannot get it to boot from USB. Looking at the 3 suggested methods:

To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • There is no reset button that I can find. SOme similar boxes have a reboot button within the AV socket, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case with this one.

recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.

Can't find how to access a 'reboot to recovery' - is this supposed to pop up when the USB is inserted? It doesn't.

recovery method (take 2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE.

There is a backup and recovery app, but there is no way to select anything.

So I am lost. Any ideas?

• There is no reset hole on the box somewhere?
    Maybe under box.
    Or sou can disassembly box, and find the microswitch, or the place of switch in panel.

• Thanks, yes there is no hole. I did look underneath. On every surface actually, even under the QC sticker on the bottom.

But I found that if I put a zip file, any zip file ONTO the USB stick and choose that in the update app, it boots from the USB. However I now get a tty error. Progress, now to investigate that one.

• Hello,

How device tree must I use to install libreelec on my Beelink MINI MX ver 1.0 2GB/16GB ? gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb ?

Thank You

Very confusing boxes these.
    I have the black box with no Beelink Written on it.
    I believe this is what you have and it is not your fault that the name Beelink is used by some sellers.
    The MiniMx is the 1GB / 8GB version.

Some people call this box MiniMx G being the 2GB / 16GB version.
    I used the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb for the same box as you.
    Please make sure you use the SD Card Install of LE and confirm everything works before installing to Nand.
    If that is what you might do.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM).

• I don't received the box yet but this is the photo:

Thank You