7.0.2.007 build for S905

• kszaq: your latest build dated 15.09.2016 also has audio stuttering problem. Can you share the log changes for your dev builds?
    Any fix for this Audio stuttering issue from your past few development builds?
    Thanks.

• edit4ever I will look at the device tree you posted in the other thread.

plikmuny Audio has not been fixed yet, I will post a notice when I get it right. I'm out of home for the weekend, so no dev builds today or tomorrow. ;) It would be too much work for me to create a change log for every dev build, I do this only for release builds.

• edit4ever I will look at the device tree you posted in the other thread.

Don't bother - that was from a firmware that I suspect is the earlier (more common) version of the KII Pro. It's not the firmware that I am running. I could try loading it to see if it works - but I may wait for Videostrong's response on Monday to see if they can supply the correct file for my version.

Thanks!

• Quick question - if I try a nand install...in theory it won't overwrite the existing dtb.img file and might work?

Since I have two boxes for testing - I'm willing to try this approach.

• NAND (or rather internal memory) install overwrites the following partitons: system, data and dtb. It won't overwrite dtb only if you use ZIP file to install and don't have ledtb.img on your SD card. It will overwrite dtb if you ues installtointernal.

If you want to try using device tree from original firmware, simply delete dtb.img from SD card you run LE from. You should note that if device tree from original firmware was compiled for older kernel, your box won't boot.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 17, 2016 at 10:01 PM).

• The plot thickens with my Mxq pro 4k clone.

It will not boot any android recovery SD, wont boot 7.0.2.007 LIVESD and I tried to do the old manual update which no surprise bricked the device.

All that happens now is the s905 logo is shown and the device goes no further.

For testing purposes I decided to put to older 7.0.2.005 .img onto an SD and see if it booted, strangely it did!

I'm guessing that means my device needs a different DTB file or something with the kernel. With 005 running from the SD card I downloaded the installtointernal script and ran it. The box is now back working with 005.

Because i know SD boots are working i flashed a new 007 image, tried all the different DTB's and none of them worked.

Will keep the box handy incase it needs to be used as a test bed.

• You should note that if device tree from original firmware was compiled for older kernel, your box won't boot.

Kernel of installed firmware is 3.14.29 so I'm hopeful it will work. Won't be back in front of the box to test until tonight - but I'll update once I've tried.

Thanks again for your efforts on this project!

• edit4ever By "older kernel" I meant older Amlogic revision which is also based on 3.14.29. It is a matter of luck/no luck but I would bet that for a S905 they have used an "older" Amlogic kernel and in that case device tree from factory firmware will only work up to 7.0.2.005. For 7.0.2.006 and later you will need to supply an updated tree.

• Because i know SD boots are working i flashed a new 007 image, tried all the different DTB's and none of them worked.

This guy in thread #210 seems to have got it going ?
    Sorry just trying to help with dtb. just double check your device tree's used.

• As an FYI, I installed 7.0.2.005 and see the same result with wifi as I do with 007. Shows up in the LE settings as active, but does not list any available connections. Not sure if there is anything different to see - but here is the log: log-2016-09-18-04.20.41.zip

Looks like I need to get a hold of my specific device tree. Thinking about it, it may be worth checking the device from my other post to see if it is any different from the KII Pro tree you already have: LibreELEC

Thanks!

• Help here guys...i have a flac album that is 96/24 stereo. It doesn't play at all. The screen shows visualization like its playing but nothing gets out from hdmi to avr. The unit in question is Minix U1. Does anyone else has this issue or is it normal? I tried setting fixed output at 96khz in audio output settings in Kodi but it doesn't help.
    Thx

Sent from my G2

Anyone...

Sent from my G2

• I just realised you're running NAND install ?

When 005 came out i did a NAND install.

The device wont go into recovery at all, so if i use the NAND install method it just loads to what ever is installed on NAND.

If I use the 005 LIVESD it boots from the SD Card and loads it correctly.
    If I use the 007 LIVESD it sticks at the "bios" / s905 splash.

No recovery will load, whether from NAND, SD or any other method!

Just to reaffirm I've used every single dtb on the website that have been published for 006 and 007!

Edited once, last by latic (September 18, 2016 at 7:28 PM).