7.0.2.007 build for S905

• I tried both of these gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb just NOW on my MiniMXIII from SD, they boot NP. But I still get slow speeds on SD still.

I have currently have gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dbt currently on nand.

Like op said, did you get it working on SD, then run included scrip from SSH to copy to nand?
    [hr]
    BTW it also boots from USB

Hi Nathan

Can I ask where you got the gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dbt file from as it does not appear on the ones that kszaq has uploaded....or maybe i am just missing soemthing.

cheers

• gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb bricked my Beelink Mini MXIII internal install. Systemfile corruption error using dd command in OP for dtb upgrades AND install from stock Android. Flashed 007 using minimxiii dtb from 006 so back up and running.

gxbb_p201.dtb also bricks the MXQ PRO 4K using p201 firmware.

I can now confirm that partition table for these boxes is different than standard Amlogic one. I think we can drop device-tree-defined partition table and let kernel read it directly from eMMC/u-boot (not sure which one is used). I will do some tests later today to see if we can make it work this way.

Edit: I will need to provide alternative partition tables in device trees.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 9, 2016 at 11:08 AM).

• I can now confirm that partition table for these boxes is different than standard Amlogic one. I think we can drop device-tree-defined partition table and let kernel read it directly from eMMC/u-boot (not sure which one is used). I will do some tests later today to see if we can make it work this way.

Edit: I will need to provide alternative partition tables in device trees.

Sounds good, will test whenever they are ready.

• Hi kszaq,

Yes - renamed to dtb.img and rebooted. The only thing I can find for the MX64 is the following .dtd file from another user on freaktab. I have no zip files for the MX64 but I do have the firmware on my device. However, I can't find the dtb.img file in Android.

Pls find attached the .dtd file for MX64:-

Please test an updated tree: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb

@all I updated device trees directory, the only additional/changed device trees are for MiniMXIII (1st rev) and "MXQ Pro 4K". They both have a corrected system partition size to hopefully prevent filesystem errors when installed to NAND.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 9, 2016 at 3:15 PM).

• I'm a bit confused.

Where is states:

'Alternatively:

• (This step is not needed when you have Android on internal memory) Download Android ZIP update for your box and extract 2 files: recovery.img anddtb.img to your SD card.'

None of the downloads seem to contain recovery.img and anddtb.img when I extract them.

• You need to get ZIP file with Android firmware from your manufacturer/seller. I can't provide these files as they are different for every box. I will reword that point to make it more clear.

• Upgrade from .005 to .007 on SD successful - 1G/8G T95N Mini MX+ S905 box.

I previously couldn't get .006 to work so went to .005.

Used gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb this time and it worked exactly as per the instructions.

Edit:
    Remote power button works properly. Device turns off (red LED) and back on booting into LE (blue LED).
    On the LED, it looks like LED control has disappeared from /sys/devices

Hey bud,

I have the same 1G/8G T95N Mini MX+ S905box and it's working well but there is one strange problem after flashing .007 to nand.
    All buttons on the remote work ok apart from the exit/back button. Are you experiencing the same problem?
    I have tried all of the remote.conf files from kaszaq without any luck. Anyone else noticed this?

• p200_mxq_pro_4k

Sorry if i wasn't clear, i was able to boot LE using the p200_1GB_100M with p200 android firmware, but that is an old 2015 firmware which has issues with the remote.

I was looking for a p201 dtb instead, the p201 android firmware has a working remote and is newer. The p201 in the device tree folder causes a brick.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 9, 2016 at 7:28 PM).

• Sorry if i wasn't clear, i was able to boot LE using the p200_1GB_100M with p200 android firmware, but that is an old 2015 firmware which has issues with the remote.

I was looking for a p201 dtb instead, the p201 android firmware has a working remote and is newer. The p201 in the device tree folder causes a brick.

LE is independent from Android you have installed, except for remote.conf it copies from Android. You can have p201 firmware and run LE with p200_mxq_pro_4k dtb from SD, p200 and p201 device tree differences are very minor.

• LE is independent from Android you have installed, except for remote.conf it copies from Android. You can have p201 firmware and run LE with p200_mxq_pro_4k dtb from SD, p200 and p201 device tree differences are very minor.

Will try the both new mxq/mxiii dtb on both my boxes.

• @all I updated device trees directory, the only additional/changed device trees are for MiniMXIII (1st rev) and "MXQ Pro 4K". They both have a corrected system partition size to hopefully prevent filesystem errors when installed to NAND.

I tested the new gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb on my Mini MXIII that was previously getting the corrupt filesystem error on NAND install. It is working now with the new dtb. Thanks kszaq!

Only thing I notice is that I am seeing this message every few seconds in dmesg:
    RTL871X: IsBtDisabled=0, IsBtControlLps=0

Not sure what it means. Bluetooth seems to be working.

• You need to get ZIP file with Android firmware from your manufacturer/seller. I can't provide these files as they are different for every box. I will reword that point to make it more clear.

Thanks for the explantion.

Having obtained an image for my TX5 pro though, it is just a single .img file that is used to flash the device, so can't quite understand how this can be extracted in such a manner that the 2 files can be taken from it.

• I have an OTT MXQ Pro 4k. The default Android 5.1.1 with Kodi runs very very fast, but crashes some time. So i have test the LE 7.0.2.007 for S905.

Install on USB device with device tree file "qbb_p201.dtb". With other files like gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb i get wired netwerk issues.

qbb_p201.dtb works well but i have some questiions.

1) LE boot time seems very slow. It the reason that i test on usb device ? when i install to nand it's possible to get the same boot time and performance like the stock android image ?

2) the volume Up key dont work on my remote control. It's stock remote control. It's confgure and where ?

thx anyway good work guys

targ