Question about tvheadend linuxserver iso docker

• Can someone explain how to install the docker version of tvheanend linuxserver.iso? Do I install the libreelec version of tvheadend first and then install the tvheadend docker addon? I installed the tvheadend docker addon alone and it will not read my m3u file. I keep getting error "iptv: unable to open file no such file directory." The same m3u file loads fine with the libreelec addon but not with the docker version. I am learning and I cannot figure this one out. I have tried just about every folder that allows permission and its a no go. For example, my file is as follows: file:///storage/m3u/iptv.m3u. Thoughts?

Lisa

• Thank you for the response. I did try your recommendation but I am still getting the error when trying to load m3u file. ( "iptv: unable to open file no such file directory." The same m3u file loads fine with the libreelec addon but not with the docker version.) Its seems like the permission is not there. I have tried loading the m3u in many of the folders that have the permisions, including Kodi. I keep getting the same errors as posted. My file address is: file:///storage/m3u/iptv.m3u. This identical string works within the libreelec tvheadend addon but I cannot get the same string to work with dockers.

Thoughts

Lisa<3

• In docker, the containers by default are sandboxed from the host. So for a container to be able to access a file on the host, the file or the folder containing it has to be mapped in docker parameters.

The addon provides two folder mappings, one for the /config folder and one for the /recordings folder, which is by default set to /storage/recordings so with the default settings, the /storage/recordings folder on le is accessible inside the container at the location /recordings

Your m3u location would not be accessible inside the container unless you either move it to the /storage/recordings folder, or you change the path for the /recordings folder to cover the m3u location.

I hope this is clear

• thanks for the replay, but I still don't get it. I have place my m3u file in the .config and recordings file and get the same error.

Suggestions?

Lisa

• thanks for the replay, but I still don't get it. I have place my m3u file in the .config and recordings file and get the same error.

Suggestions?

Lisa

Which path did you use for the file after you placed it in recordings? file:///recordings/iptv.m3u ?