GlobalFanartVar is not defined

• If you aren't using using "Estuary" as the main skin, then you get the following errors:

Code
    11:47:36  67.841087 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DefaultBackground
    11:47:36  67.841209 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: TopBar
    11:47:36  67.841263 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BottomBar
    11:47:36  67.849884 T:1961553920   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
    11:47:36  67.850266 T:1961553920 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[GlobalFanartVar] is not defined

Is is annoying, if you have errors in the log and you think it is coming from the skin you are using (AeonNox SiLVO)
    Please fix it or don't use such includes in
    /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/skins/Default/1080i/service-LibreELEC-Settings-main
    Window.xml

It appears, when skinshortcuts is writing the menu
    Thx
    [/code]

• Please fix it or don't use such includes in ...

Sure, we'll just rip it out because someone is annoyed by it. Right?
    Before someone can fix it we need to know the cause of it.
    Since Estuary (which is Kodi's system default skin) seems to work fine, and other skins you tried are failing, is Kodi/Estuary suddenly the problem?

Kodi is beta, LibreELEC is still Alpha. Nothing is ever perfect. I'd say this is also more a Kodi problem than a LibreELEC problem.
    Moreover, providing only 5 lines of a log file is not helping very much either.

I advise to enter a ticket at Kodi's bug tracker (trac.kodi.tv) and give FULL details and log files. Also notify the developer(s) of AeonNox SILVO, since you are apparently using that skin.

An addon having a depency on a particular skin is not very standard-like programming within Kodi.

Edited once, last by Klojum (September 2, 2016 at 9:54 AM).

• Sure, we'll just rip it out because someone is annoyed by it. Right?
    Before someone can fix it we need to know the cause of it.

The cause are the includes in service.libreelec.settings, which are in Estuary's Includes.xml, but not in other skin's includes:
    service.libreelec.settings/service-LibreELEC-Settings-mainWindow.xml at master · LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings · GitHub
    service.libreelec.settings/service-LibreELEC-Settings-mainWindow.xml at master · LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings · GitHub

That's why I posted here intead of the Kodi forums

Since Estuary (which is Kodi's system default skin) seems to work fine, and other skins you tried are failing, is Kodi/Estuary suddenly the problem?

No, Kodi and Estuary are fine. The addon from LibreELEC -> service.libreelec.settings is using includes, which aren't defined/used in other skins. So it is not Kodi's or Estuary's problem.

Kodi is beta, LibreELEC is still Alpha. Nothing is ever perfect. I'd say this is also more a Kodi problem than a LibreELEC problem.
    Moreover, providing only 5 lines of a log file is not helping very much either.

It is clear, that the error comes from service.libreelec.settings
    Debug-log points to /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/skins/Default/1080i/service-LibreELEC-Settings-mainWindow.xml before the error.

I advise to enter a ticket at Kodi's bug tracker (trac.kodi.tv) and give FULL details and log files. Also notify the developer(s) of AeonNox SILVO, since you are apparently using that skin.

An addon having a depency on a particular skin is not very standard-like programming within Kodi.

It is not Kodi's fault, as I said. Because of this, no bug report on Trac for Kodi is needed. The LibreELEC guys should fix this in their code.

This is the answer from mikesilvo, the skin author, I asked yesterday:

Something is majorly wrong with your install... I don't have any includes in the skin named DefaultBackground or BottomBar and I do not have any variable named GlobalFanartVar so... Take care of whatever it is you happen to be doing wrong and then see if there is still something I need to fix.

Edited once, last by heisenberg (September 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM).

• If you aren't using using "Estuary" as the main skin, then you get the following errors:

Code
    11:47:36  67.841087 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DefaultBackground
    11:47:36  67.841209 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: TopBar
    11:47:36  67.841263 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BottomBar
    11:47:36  67.849884 T:1961553920   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
    11:47:36  67.850266 T:1961553920 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[GlobalFanartVar] is not defined

It is annoying if you have errors in the log and you think it is coming from the skin you are using (AeonNox SiLVO)

Seeing the same problem myself using Amber on LibreELEC 7.95.3 which is based on a stable (LOL) Kodi and is a release candidate, so it's no longer just an alpha bug, klojum.

Thanks for debugging it, heisenberg.

Would be good to get this sorted out so it doesn't bloat the log and therefore make other bugs more tricky to see.

• Thats very good finding. Its bother me in log as well - using Confluence skin :)

And its even in final version of Leia.

Bad thing is, that its encoded already within image, so we cant do anything from user point of view with /usr path..