Screenshot function not working in SSH on Play v1

• Was taking some screenshots through the CLI in RPi and just discovered the same command is not working on Play v1

# kodi-send --action=Takescreenshot

I checked in guisettings.xml to verify the path had not changed and its still the default

Code
    <setting id="debug.screenshotpath" default="true">/storage/screenshots/

I also found that it works normally in the remote Web interface (Chorus2)

• "kodi-send" does not give any kind of succeed or fail indication. It only confirms that a message was sent. If you send an invalid command (e.g. action=baloney) it would never tell you the command is not supported. The only result is that I see no image in the screenshot folder. So I turned on debugging and repeated the command. Aside from keyboard events, this is the only thing that was logged:

DEBUG: cached image '/storage/screenshots/screenshot003.png' size 1920x1080

I'm looking at the screenshot folder through an SFTP connection and I dont see the image, even after refreshing the directory. I am not really concerned about it, but I wanted to see if others had encountered the same issue, since the context button also quit working on Play in LE 9. But the screenshot problem seems to have cleared up after a reboot, so I cant reproduce it now.

• "kodi-send" does not give any kind of succeed or fail indication.

That's true and probably something which could be improved. No promisses it will be

But the screenshot problem seems to have cleared up after a reboot, so I cant reproduce it now.

On other Kodi installations (on Ubuntu for example), there's no default screenshot folder set and by running that command once you'll get a dialog which asks to which folder those screenshots should be saved. After selecting a specific folder, and directly after you selected it check the guisettings.xml, you will see that this setting is not stored yet. It will be written into guisettings.xml after a reboot. Normally it should have a direct effect, but sometimes a reboot/restart helps in those cases.

Normally, if Kodi logs, that something is written into a specific folder, it should be the case that it's like that. Otherwise you would see a log entry that writing that file failed for whatever reason. As you can't reproduce that issue anymore, I guess we can see this problem as solved.

If you have other problems, the context menu for example, please share a debuglog which shows the button presses you normally do to bring up the context menu. We can't do anything without a logfile and we would not like to 'guess' ;)