No Bluetooth adapter found - Raspi 3+

• Hey Guys ,

I'm using LibreELEC 9.0 (Leia) Beta 3 (v8.95.3) on my raspi 3+

It seems like bluetooth is broken.

I get "Bluetooth is disabled" and if i toggle the bluetooth button in services i get "no bluetooth adapters found".

Is anybody else having this issue ?

Regards

coreflake

• Yup similar issues here. When I go to the Bluetooth setting menu in the Libreelec settings addon, the whole addon seems to freeze. When i try to go to another section within the addon, they all show up as blank and I cant get back to the home menu. I am forced to reboot.

Also, even when I go to the Bluetooth menu all I see are old hardware that I previously had connected, and I cant see anything that is currently discover able, so it seems like the Bluetooth just is not functional at all.

I am using 8.95.3 on RaspPi3

• I was experiencing agwiebe's issue as well on multiple Pi3B+s.

After disabling the Bluetooth Audio Device Changer plugin everything is fine with Bluetooth again in 8.95.3

Hopefully that plugin can be fixed!

• It's a problem area. I have less BT dropouts when the ethernet network is used.

But it's either a kernel or a driver problem IMO, not so much LibreELEC. For example, bluetooth works just fine on a Wetek Hub run LibreELEC.

• It's a problem area. I have less BT dropouts when the ethernet network is used.

But it's either a kernel or a driver problem IMO, not so much LibreELEC. For example, bluetooth works just fine on a Wetek Hub run LibreELEC.

Also with beta 2 Bluetooth works fine on an RPi3 so I too lean towards a kernel problem. Fortunately beta 2 is seems stable so I'll use it until there's a fix.

• These are TWO issues together!

First: Bluetooth Audio Device Changer

as mentioned before, this is the reason for No bluetooth device present, Libreelec setup screen hangs an so..

Second: Broadcom HW/firmware issue with wifi+bt working together. This issue is present almost 5? years, maybe more.. With NO solution till today. There is some "fix", but for me is NOT working. Version: 9.0.0 Leila V18.

(fix, already implemented in Libreelec: RPi3: Bluetooth impedes wifi · Issue #1552 · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub)

What I suspect is a) absolutely wrong firmware b) HW conflict c) Wrong wifi/bt antennas design

Result:

You must buy some wifi or bt USB dongle and turn off one of the feature of Rspi onboard.

• Issue #2 has been fixed, take a look at this and see if it helps.

RPi3: Bluetooth impedes wifi · Issue #1552 · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub