How to automatically reboot the system?

• I'm using this softwares on LibreELEC: sonarr, radarr, bazarr and jackett.

They all consume a lot of memory and after some hours the system freeze (this happend at least once a day). So, I search for a way to automaticlly reboot the system (at dawn) to prevent this happen.

Anyone knows a way? An addon that do this?

Or you use this apps and know a better way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Oh, I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3b, btw!

• Use cron?

Thank you!

I've programmed cron and I'll see if it will work (prevents freezing)!

For those who read this and want to do the same

Open crontab with this command

Code
    crontab -e

Put this

Code
    # Reboot at 8am every day
    00 08 * * * reboot

Then Ctrl + X and Y to save

Done!

This article helped me!

• I'm also looking to shutdown my pi during the night, bit I'm not able to configure cron. Crontab -e is not doing anything. It seems to be located in usr/bin. Do I need to enable it somewhere?

• You can enable cron under

Libreelec Settings->Services

Its always useful to familiarize yourself with a new system by going trough all the settings. Its a good way to learn its functions.

• You can enable cron under

Libreelec Settings->Services

Its always useful to familiarize yourself with a new system by going trough all the settings. Its a good way to learn its functions.

I had this enabled, but recevied strange message. Disabled and enabled it again and now it's working, thanks! :)

• Official Post

You could use systemd which is also supported.

I would look at WHAT is using all the memory. A swapfile will help, but it's like adding a bucket to stop a leaking roof. It's possible that there is a memory hog - which is quite possible as a lot of addons are not optimised.

To be honest, asking an RPi3 to do what you want is like asking a Trabant to outperform a Ferrari. Buy an RPi4 4G and your problems should disappear.