LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.3 BETA

• Please excuse me, if I might ask something that has been asked/answered a multiple times before:

Does LibreELEC 8.95.3 support Amlogic S912 devices? In my case it is a Minix Neo U9-H.

• mywatch Team Kodi regards the use of libhybris as a hack and will not support S912 images that use it. We care that Team Kodi will assist us with support and the Amlogic 3.14 codebase is in minimal maintenance mode. As such we have no plan to release any S912 images until we make the switch to mainline kernels. That work is progressing thanks to the awesome work from the panfrost (open source mali drivers) developers and there are some testing images available from balbes150 for curious users, but there are still some major bugs in panfrost to solve so mainline S912 images are not suitable for serious public testing yet.

As we have no plans for 3.14 based S912 images we stopped building nightlies a while back and I'm not aware of anyone on staff building their own images so the OpenGL debug function error you encountered hasn't been resolved in our codbease. If anyone would like to send a PR with the proper fix (adding support for the missing egl.h functions) we'd be happy to merge it. Otherwise CE have a hack that removes some Kodi code that will allow you to build images.

• The sooner the 3.14 kernel images are ditched for Amlogic hardware, the better IMHO.

I rather see a somewhat feature lacking mainline kernel version, than a broken 3.14 release again.

• I installed this (beta) version by mistake (don't ask) and have noticed following:

- One of the sources from PlexKodiConnect (PKC) got extremely buggy. It was a TV show source, and all I could see on libreelec were shows and seasons, but episodes were gone. Same source worked fine on Plex server. Recreation od plex library and re-sync of PKC helped with this issue.

- One button on my Harmony Ultimate remote started to act funny. It is the "Guide" button, which used to open context menu up until last update. After update it displayed an error about not having PVR backend. Keymap editor add-on solved this one.

Just for my info: Are these issues connected to the libreelec build? Maybe to new Kodi release? Or was I just unlucky and my update went worse that it should?

• - One button on my Harmony Ultimate remote started to act funny. It is the "Guide" button, which used to open context menu up until last update. After update it displayed an error about not having PVR backend. Keymap editor add-on solved this one.

I noticed this one myself when I briefly tried the Beta 2 to see if my hardware all worked properly.

The Guide button now opens...the Live TV guide page no matter where you are in Kodi.

Probably not a huge surprise, maybe even the more logical behaviour desired by most, since previously the button acted, as you note, as a context menu and a global Live TV Guide button had to be mapped manually in keymap.xml

Good to know that it's easily remedied in keymap as I want to keep the old context menu behaviour rather than spend forever messing around in the damned awkward Harmony software :)