[SOLVED] Proftpd addon will not start after upgrade from OE 6.0.3 to LE 7.0.2

• After upgrading my HTPC from OE 6.0.3 to LE 7.0.2, the Proftpd addon (version 6.0.1) will not start.

When attempting to start the service from the CLI, I receive the following error:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # proftpd.start
    proftpd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp #

I was not able to find this file anywhere on the system so I guess that it was included in OE but not in LE.

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # find -name libssl.so.32
    find: ./proc/6194: No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:/ #

[hr]
    UPDATE:

Figured it out, thanks to matsalka and this thread about rutorrent.

I just had to create symbolic links to the libraries and restart the service.

Code
    ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so  /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/libssl.so.32
    ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/libcrypto.so.32

Edited once, last by DugieHowsa (August 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM).

• I try the same with a fresh install of LE 7.0.2 and Proftpd addon (version 6.0.1).

Enter putty in order to enter the 2 lines.
    I check the simlink is ok, reboot.

Impossible enter the ftp.
    in putty, i write proftpd.start and the answer was

LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin # proftpd.start
    ./mkpasswd: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/proftpd: line 1: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

Any idea?

Edited once, last by youyoubart (September 10, 2016 at 12:28 PM).

• Tested on LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds v7.90.005.

Work great!

Thanks m.hueske to solve that very quickly. Do you think proftp could be integrated to libreelec?

Thank you again.

• Thanks for your feedback
    If there is a package maintainer I think there is a chance to get this into the LibreELEC addons.
    This addon is initially supplied by vpeter. Maybe he has time (and is willing) to maintain this?

• i tried the fix with the symbolic link commands, but i get this error message:

LibreELEC:~ # proftpd.start
    chmod: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/libcrypto.so.32: Read-only file system
    chmod: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/libssl.so.32: Read-only file system
    proftpd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~ #

Any Ideas?
    LibreElec 7.02 & Proftpd addon (version 6.0.1)

Thanks in advance

• Tested on LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds v7.90.005.

Work great!

Thanks m.hueske to solve that very quickly. Do you think proftp could be integrated to libreelec?

Thank you again.

Hi m.hueske,

proftpd 8.0.0 works fine from libreelec beta 005 to 008.
    Yesterday, I update to 008 version. Proftpd doesn't work anymore.

I trie reinstallation of the zip file without first desinstalling, without succes.

Any idea?
    Thanks,

• Thanks, ho tow update to the 009+ repo?

I find it in the libreelec repo in service directory.

I check if it works.

Thanks
    [hr]
    it's work for me.
    Thanks a lot to integrate proftpd in the libreelec repo.

Edited once, last by youyoubart (December 11, 2016 at 2:18 PM).