How can i install Libreelec on the internal emmc from my ROCK960

• Sorry but i cant find any information about the installation from libreelec on the internal emmc of my ROCK960.

I have installed and booted the image from the sd card at the moment.

Edited 4 times, last by Slipass (January 12, 2019 at 12:30 AM).

• Sorry but i cant find any information about the installation from libreelec on the internal emmc of my ROCK960.

You can't install to emmc.

Only LibreELEC images from balbes150 have that function.

There are only RK3328 images and one for Khadas Edge RK3399 with that function.

If you want, you can try to check how the installation will work on your model in eMMC. All my images are universal, just add your dtb to dir /dtb (it can be copied from the current LE image you are using now) to the SD card and edit the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf" (specify in it which dtb to use). After that, try running LE from a prepared SD card, if everything works, you can run the EMMC installation from KODI. There is a special menu Libreelec Settings. Before installing to eMMC, I strongly recommend that you run a full backup of the entire eMMC. It will not be fast (about 20-30 minutes), but you will be able to return the exact state in the eMMC, which will be at the time of creation of the copy.

• If you want, you can try to check how the installation will work on your model in eMMC. All my images are universal, just add your dtb to dir /dtb (it can be copied from the current LE image you are using now) to the SD card and edit the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf" (specify in it which dtb to use). After that, try running LE from a prepared SD card, if everything works, you can run the EMMC installation from KODI. There is a special menu Libreelec Settings. Before installing to eMMC, I strongly recommend that you run a full backup of the entire eMMC. It will not be fast (about 20-30 minutes), but you will be able to return the exact state in the eMMC, which will be at the time of creation of the copy.

Sorry, can you explain how does this work?

I have a nanopc-t4 with rk3399 soc.

Installed dtb file from rockpro64 and now i can use wireless, bluetooth and can see emmc as mmcblk1 but not able to mount mmcblk1p1 (previously i installed armbian inside emmc and it's suposed to have an ext4 filesystem).

are you saying is there a kodi addon able to do the emmc installation?

• If you want, you can try to check how the installation will work on your model in eMMC. All my images are universal, just add your dtb to dir /dtb (it can be copied from the current LE image you are using now) to the SD card and edit the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf" (specify in it which dtb to use). After that, try running LE from a prepared SD card, if everything works, you can run the EMMC installation from KODI. There is a special menu Libreelec Settings. Before installing to eMMC, I strongly recommend that you run a full backup of the entire eMMC. It will not be fast (about 20-30 minutes), but you will be able to return the exact state in the eMMC, which will be at the time of creation of the copy.

downloaded LibreELEC-RK3328.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190110144513-79c10ab-box-trn9.img

changed dtb (working on libreelect)

changed extlinux.conf

blackscreen on boot.

:(

must I change something else?

Edited once, last by Locoivan (January 14, 2019 at 7:58 PM).

• tried previous version same result.

I'm very interested on how emmc partitions / boot works.

I don't want to brick my nanopc-t4, but if armbian can install itselve inside emmc, means libreelect should can too.

can you help me to understand how to do it?

• I looked at my image of Khadas EDGE rk3399. It turns out it already has a dtb for rock960. To run on Rock960 just edit the file " extlinux.conf" (change the name of the dtb used). Also in the composition there are a few more DTB. For those who want to try running this version on RK3399-you can take turns trying all these files.

Sorry, can you explain how does this work?

Installed dtb file from rockpro64 and now i can use wireless, bluetooth and can see emmc as mmcblk1 but not able to mount mmcblk1p1 (previously i installed armbian inside emmc and it's suposed to have an ext4 filesystem).

Did I understand correctly that you were able to run the LE image for EDGE on your T4 model ?

You want to install LE in the eMMC ? To do this, the GUI Libreelec Settings has a special menu for installation in eMMC, to create and restore a full backup.

downloaded LibreELEC-RK3328.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190110144513-79c10ab-box-trn9.img

This image is for all rk3328. What model are you trying to run it on ?

I also tried your latest le build on my mvr9 box. I see Emmc in le settings but when I select full backup and reboot nothing happens. Same with install to emmc.

After you run to create a copy, you need to wait for the system to shut down. After that, you run the LE again from the SD card and select "install to emmc" . The system will install and shut down. Pull out the SD card and turn on the power. If everything went correctly, start LE from eMMC.

• After click on backup I waited for at least 5 minutes but there was no shot down. Will try today again. Thanks!

• I looked at my image of Khadas EDGE rk3399. It turns out it already has a dtb for rock960. To run on Rock960 just edit the file " extlinux.conf" (change the name of the dtb used). Also in the composition there are a few more DTB. For those who want to try running this version on RK3399-you can take turns trying all these files.

OK, i will try again with khadas Image...i tried the rk3328 one and thought was compatible with rk3399 with dtb file. (i see my mistake now)

Quote from Locoivan Sorry, can you explain how does this work?

Did I understand correctly that you were able to run the LE image for EDGE on your T4 model ?

No, LE rk3399 image from LE not yours, but changed dtb from rockpro64 that detects wireless and emmc

You want to install LE in the eMMC ? To do this, the GUI Libreelec Settings has a special menu for installation in eMMC, to create and restore a full backup.

Yes... I want to install LE in the eMMC. Did not know GUI Libreelec Setting had this feature

Quote from Locoivan downloaded LibreELEC-RK3328.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190110144513-79c10ab-box-trn9.img

This image is for all rk3328. What model are you trying to run it on ?

Nanopc-T4 (rk3399)

Summarizing: I will install khadas image on sd and change dtb. Once running go to GUI Libreelec Setting and locate the special menu for the eMMC installation.

Anyway, thanks for your attention.

PD: Offtopic - Do you know where can i find more info about how eMMC works? i mean, i tried to mount eMMC on /mnt from the sd LE install but only see the first partition. And i know there are 6 more partitions (how this filesystem works?) how should i mount the rootfs partition (i guess is the 7)

Edited once, last by Locoivan (January 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM).

• OK thanks, I thought shut down happens immediately and after reboot I see backup in progress. And this takes 20-30 minutes.

Will try again!

balbes150

Tried again, started your build, started emmc backup in le settings, waited for 50 min. nothing happened no backup file in /storage/backup and no reboot.

• Tried again, started your build, started emmc backup in le settings, waited for 50 min. nothing happened no backup file in /storage/backup and no reboot.

What firmware do you currently have in eMMC ? Which dtb is specified in the file " extlinux.conf"? Can you connect to MVR9 via SSH ?

Did not know GUI Libreelec Setting had this feature

This mode is still only in my images. If the LE developer community decides to adopt this add-on, then it will be in all LE images.

PD: Offtopic - Do you know where can i find more info about how eMMC works? i mean, i tried to mount eMMC on /mnt from the sd LE install but only see the first partition. And i know there are 6 more partitions (how this filesystem works?) how should i mount the rootfs partition (i guess is the 7)

If you have a regular Android firmware, there is no partition table and you need to use a direct reference to "/dev/system" "/dev/data" for mounting, etc.

• What firmware do you currently have in eMMC ? Which dtb is specified in the file " extlinux.conf"? Can you connect to MVR9 via SSH ?

This mode is still only in my images. If the LE developer community decides to adopt this add-on, then it will be in all LE images.

If you have a regular Android firmware, there is no partition table and you need to use a direct reference to "/dev/system" "/dev/data" for mounting, etc.

on eMMC android 7.1 is installed.

This is content of extlinux.conf, ssh login is possible with your builds.

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /rk3328-box-trn9.dtb
      APPEND boot=UUID=0409-3836 disk=UUID=ad8750dd-cd77-41ea-bc60-fc0cefb36c32 quiet console=tty0 bluetooth