[9.X-devel] LibreELEC builds for g02ref/g18ref_th2 (Prima PM-6001, VS-IP166, VS-IP015, ...)

• With some modification, I managed to get your release build working on the AML8726-MX G02REF / STVMX version of VMedia VBox (which is similar to the Geniatech / MyGica ATV1200 without the TV tuner). I had to rename the aml_autoscript file to factory_update_param.ubt because this box expects a different filename and I had to use the toothpick method in order to get the box to run this script. Otherwise, it would ignore the script and proceed to boot from nand flash.

Since it was a pain to use the toothpick method on this box every time I want to boot into Kodi, I proceeded to modify the bootloader environment setting to give boot priority to MMC over Nand flash if the above file exists. Now it works like a charm. :)

Nice work BTW and thanks for making the build available!

• thanks for the work.

but I have no luck with the image on a SD card.

I have the feeling in the movie "Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier" to land.

Always sit with the toothpick on the box.

I have a VS-IP 015

• Hi there!

I have a bit of a special request for this...

So it is my understanding that when libreelec is installed, it installs the core components to the NAND flash of the device, and then upon first boot it sets the device storage to external flash (USB formatted with the proper filesystem) to use in the future.

The problem I have ran into, is the box I am trying to do the upgrade to actually came without NAND flash... it is missing the TSOP48 chip found on basically every G18REF board I've come across...

This is a "Clone" STB and I believe there were a bunch of corners cut to send this box out into production as cheaply as possible. I can only assume they are using a smaller embedded flash memory chip to perform their usual operation.

My question is, is there any way this can be modified to install BOTH the system files as well as the "Virtual NAND" (our USB drive properly formatted) to external memory, rather than internal memory?

I have no problem using 2 USB devices for the installation and keeping them plugged in (1 for system, one for virtual nand)

Let me know if I am on the fight track here and if this is even possible. Worst case I just buy a tsop chip and solder it straight to the board myself, but it would be nice if I could avoid it.

Let me know when you can. Thank you!

• With some modification, I managed to get your release build working on the AML8726-MX G02REF / STVMX version of VMedia VBox (which is similar to the Geniatech / MyGica ATV1200 without the TV tuner). I had to rename the aml_autoscript file to factory_update_param.ubt because this box expects a different filename and I had to use the toothpick method in order to get the box to run this script. Otherwise, it would ignore the script and proceed to boot from nand flash.

Since it was a pain to use the toothpick method on this box every time I want to boot into Kodi, I proceeded to modify the bootloader environment setting to give boot priority to MMC over Nand flash if the above file exists. Now it works like a charm. :)

Nice work BTW and thanks for making the build available!

Hi tuxedomah, I would like this build modified by you for my MyGica ATV520E. A link for download please!!!

Edited once, last by criss28 (January 5, 2020 at 7:17 PM).

• So it is my understanding that when libreelec is installed, it installs the core components to the NAND flash of the device, and then upon first boot it sets the device storage to external flash (USB formatted with the proper filesystem) to use in the future.

Where You read this ? I can tell You that I put LibreELEC-Amlogic_G02REF.arm-9.0-devel-20190307225115-0e98e15.img.gz onto sd card and booted the box with it. Libreelec installed on the sd card and did not touch the nand. I can dual boot, when sd card is inserted the libreelec is booted and whithout sd card the stock android rom is booted from nand.

I have different request if I may :) I'm using device with dvb-t tuner si2168, and it is not detected in this build. It is however working on the stock android rom. Is it possible to add driver for this tuner ?

Edited once, last by rozpruwacz (January 31, 2020 at 3:35 PM).

• I have a G-box MX2 and I installed Libreelec on sdcard and everything works great except when I reboot it reboots on internal.To reboot on sdcard I have to use the toothpick method every time I want to boot into Kodi.Can somebody explain to me how to modify or fix the bootloader setting so it boots on sdcard. I searched every ware how to do this with no luck.Thanks in advance.

• First: I'm sure I've seen already somewhere the solution for that (but can't find it now). Try to find this answer.

Second: If You will not find the answer I could guide You how to do that. But You need access to serial console of the board, and You will need to change some u-boot environment variable. Basically I need You to paste here the output of the "printenv" command from the u-boot console. Do You know how to do that ?

• Hi, i have a mygica atv 520e running ember ver. 3.0.1, libreelec from sd card doesn't work for me. Can someone clarify for me if I have to reinstall the original version of android to run libreelec on the sd card?

• Sumvision Cyclone X2 (ATV1200 clone) boots with this but the wifi card isn't visible on the USB bus.

I tried adding the driver to modprobe.conf manually but even though it loads it doesn't see the card - which isn't really a surprise since it doesn't show up in lsusb.

It looks like the kernel is trying to use a GPIO pin to control the wifi card power - it logs this at bootup:

[ 1.154179@1] wifi_dev_probe

[ 1.156698@1] wifi_dt : interrupt_pin=GPIOX_11

[ 1.161196@1] wifi_dt : irq_num=null

[ 1.164680@1] wifi_dt : irq_trigger_type=GPIO_IRQ_HIGH

[ 1.169817@1] wifi_dt : power_on_pin=GPIOC_7

Is there some way to enable this gpio with the supplied kernel?

I tried searching for a gpio control in /sys/class/gpio but it doesn't look like the kernel has that enabled either.

If I build from source with /sys/class/gpio enabled is it likely to solve my problem? My Linux knowledge is fairly strong so I've no issue building kernels but it'd be quite a faff to set up the build environment if it's not likely to fix it...

Second problem: I'm getting significant and consistent kodi UI freezes: the whole UI locks for perhaps 30 seconds (edit: it's actually every minute, I timed it) at a time, then works for maybe 5 seconds, then locks again. It's a class 10 8GB card, and there's plenty of RAM (it's a 1GB box). There's nothing in /proc/kmsg except spam from the CEC driver which is failing:

[ 505.296955@0] [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_irq_handler(): cec msg status: rx: 0x0; tx: 0x3

[ 505.297031@0] [amlogic] ##### cec write error! #####

[ 505.297353@0] [amlogic_cec] dump: msg TX len: 1 dat: 10

I can't imagine that would cause the lockups though?

I pushed debugging to the max and got nothing of any use in the kodi logs, other than at the point where it unfreezes I get this:

2020-06-16 09:35:16.795 T:3011560304 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverActivated from xbmc

2020-06-16 09:35:16.796 T:3011560304 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnScreensaverActivated

2020-06-16 09:35:16.806 T:3011575728 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim]: loading setting definitions

2020-06-16 09:35:16.806 T:3011575728 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...

2020-06-16 09:35:16.808 T:3011575728 DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------

Edit: The lockup is only the UI - kodi itself quite happily streams audio or video (DNLA and librespot) without any drops, while I can access the web UI with no problems. That actually means the lockups are less of a problem than it might be, since my plan is to run the box headless anyway.

I appreciate it's an old unit, the simplest answer would be to just throw the box away, but I'd quite like to get it to a useful state so I could stream audio to it over wifi.

Thanks for any pointers you can offer.

Edited 3 times, last by Marsbar: I made a mistake (trying to keep track of too many logs) - the GPIO entry I listed is the supplied kernel, not the working android kernel. (June 22, 2020 at 9:00 PM).