Posts by th3magpi3

Hi there!

I have a bit of a special request for this...

So it is my understanding that when libreelec is installed, it installs the core components to the NAND flash of the device, and then upon first boot it sets the device storage to external flash (USB formatted with the proper filesystem) to use in the future.

The problem I have ran into, is the box I am trying to do the upgrade to actually came without NAND flash... it is missing the TSOP48 chip found on basically every G18REF board I've come across...

This is a "Clone" STB and I believe there were a bunch of corners cut to send this box out into production as cheaply as possible. I can only assume they are using a smaller embedded flash memory chip to perform their usual operation.

My question is, is there any way this can be modified to install BOTH the system files as well as the "Virtual NAND" (our USB drive properly formatted) to external memory, rather than internal memory?

I have no problem using 2 USB devices for the installation and keeping them plugged in (1 for system, one for virtual nand)

Let me know if I am on the fight track here and if this is even possible. Worst case I just buy a tsop chip and solder it straight to the board myself, but it would be nice if I could avoid it.

Let me know when you can. Thank you!