Status of NanoPC-T4 (RK3399)

• connect the USB to a free USB3 port.

Then the NanoPC-T4 will boot normally.

This version already has support for starting from USB. You can easily run test systems from any conventional USB stick. It's much easier than using an SD card. :)

Write the image to a USB stick, configure as usual DTB, connect the USB stick to T4 in USB port and turn on the power. After a few minutes, the system should start from a USB flash drive. If nothing starts after 5 minutes, you need to find a port from which the system can start. You need to try to connect the flash drive to other ports and check the start.

All versions (with kernel 4 and 5) run from USB media. The latest version 20191117 with kernel 5 I run on N6 (Kodi-19 interface works), but the video does not work yet.It is interesting to check the running of kernel 5 on T4. It would be good if there were users with NanoPI M4 and checked the launch of LE on this model. :)

• Added on site version of way of 20191120 with core 5 on base Panfrost. There is no HW decoder yet, but the performance of rk3399 is quite enough for SW video decoding with 1440p (1080p screen resolution). Tried with USB stick on the N6, all of the test videos worked. :)

• Hi balbes150 ,

I tested your LE image with Kernel 4 from 17.11.2019:

The NanoPC-T4 will boot normally.

boot -> ok

WiFi -> ok

WiredNet -> ok

EMMC -> ok

Bluetooth -> ok

Video -> ok (max 1920x1024x60Hz)

Sound (HDMI) -> ok

Sound (USB) -> ok

CEC -> N/A

EMBY -> not ok - I can't install it, I can't find a log for it.

TVHeadend Client -> not tested

NanoPC-T4 with LibreELEC, EMBY and TVHeadend Client, 9.2.0
    Odroid-N2 with CoreELEC, EMBY and TVHeadend Client, 9.2.1

NAS with EMBY Server, TVHeadend Server

• I'm sorry, I didn't understand what that means, what needs to be checked ?

The new version 20191123.

with updated some Addons.

Hi balbes150 ,

I have tried your image

LibreELEC-RK.arm-9.80-devel-20191123165244-6e9040d-rk3399.img.gz

I can boot from the image, but during the installation (on the SD card) I get several problems:

1. SSH password cannot be set.

2. multiple add-ons cannot be installed/updated during the installation process.

Greetings

• @JerryPenguin Are custom skins working under balbez150 Kodi 19 (Matrix) builds? e.g Aura from the official repo.

And also when using the YouTube Adon, the Watched Indicator Marks stay there when you browse videos or YT Playslists.

• EMBY is an AddOn -> EMBY

I checked the installation of the EMBY 4 addon itself on the latest version with kernel 5.

I haven't checked anything for playback, but the EMBY service is available on port 8096 from a PC from the network.

• Hi balbes150 ,

I was trying to test your image:

I configured the nanopc-t4 DTB file and connected the USB Stick.

My NanoPC-T4 boots from USB and partitions the stick.

After that the normal LE configuration starts, but after selecting the language the configuration process stops.

I can only reboot LE or turn off the SBC.

Greetings

Jerry

Edited once, last by JerryPenguin ().

• @JerryPenguin Are custom skins working under balbez150 Kodi 19 (Matrix) builds? e.g Aura from the official repo.

And also when using the YouTube Adon, the Watched Indicator Marks stay there when you browse videos or YT Playslists.

Hi Aciel,

I'm productively using the 4er Kernel Image (25102019).

There the EMBUARY Skin works error-free.

YouTube I'm not using on the NanoPC-T4, I'm triggering it directly from TV.

Greetings

Jerry

• Can you check and tell me which versions of Skin Helper Service & Skin Helper Service Widget addons installed on your system.

These two addons are what preventing custom skins on my v19 system.

• And also when using the YouTube Adon,

I checked, the youtube plugin works on kernel version 5 (20191125).

After that the normal LE configuration starts, but after selecting the language the configuration process stops.

I can only reboot LE or turn off the SBC.

The speed of the old flash drive will be low, so when you first start (when there is a parallel intensive process of various settings) you need to take your time. I never change the settings in the wizard, only when the system works at least 20-30 minutes, you can start changing the settings. Try slowly (without changing) to go through the wizard settings and change them in an already running system.

With kernel 4 I have a Kodi interface running in 4K mode (4026). On 5 core the interface in 4K mode is not switched yet.

• Try slowly (without changing) to go through the wizard settings and change them in an already running system.

Hi balbes150 ,

ok, now I can boot and configure LE,

but the EMBY client still doesn't install.

From Index of / I tested it both Repos (stable and beta).

I'm sorry.

Greetings

PS:

I talked to the developers of EMBY for KODI.

Both EMBY and the Skin Embuary don't work under LE 19 (matrix) because LE19 has been changed to Python 3 and many dependencies for EMBY und the Skin are not yet available.

Edited once, last by JerryPenguin ().

• Can you write the steps you are doing ? I want to test them on the latest version with kernel 5.

Hi balbes150 ,

I just downloaded your new image LibreELEC-RK.arm-9.80-devel-20191130114314-6e9040d-rk3399.img.gz (kernel 5 of 20191130).

What have I done:

1. Copy image with BalneaEtcher to a 16GB USB3 stick.

2. change the DTB in extlinux.conf to NanoPC-T4.

3. boot the NanoPC-T4 from the USB stick.

4. change Regional Settings to Germany.

5. Add Index of / as installation path in the file manager.

6. install the ZIP repository.emby.kodi-1.0.6.zip via Add-Ons.

7. install EMBY from the EMBY Repo (Video AddOn) and confirm the dependencies.

8. ERROR

At http://ix.io/23cd you can find the kodi.log and at http://ix.io/23cn the issue v0n dmesg.

BTW: Bluetooth is not recognized.

Many greetings

Jerry